Author Topic: murdered  (Read 3085 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
murdered
« on: November 03, 2007, 15:51:27 »
You can tell winter nights are here. Some allotments in our area have had their livestock killed in the night. Hens & ducks have had their heads ripped off. Never even took the body's for eating. Just left mess everywhere. One chap even had his fence pulled down so the culprits could get to his hens.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

alan42

• Quarter Acre
Re: murdered
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 15:59:52 »
death brightened an otherwise dull night eh the sad b@st&r*s they want there heads ripped of.
Middlesbrough, non organic.

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2007, 16:12:14 »
Oh my what wicked sad moronic people out there, what can anyone do about them ,  nothing i fear so sorry to read that post.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2007, 16:32:44 »
I had that happen to a Partridge chick I reared, apparantly a farmer friend said it was either a weasel or a rat. Same thing, head pulled clean off and left outside the run, nothing eaten.
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #4 on: November 03, 2007, 20:13:42 »
They'll take heads off, but i've never heard of them pulling down fences.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #5 on: November 03, 2007, 21:19:46 »
True......I didnt read first post properly ::)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2007, 16:24:08 »
What wicked people  >:(
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2007, 19:13:08 »
I so agree Trix, and the sad thing is chickens are so friendly, they run to greet anybody./ shades x
grow your own way

lyndon.nelson

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: November 06, 2007, 17:13:08 »
yes sad cowardly bast**ds and the worst part of it im in burnley and when we once put a decent sized fence up with barbed wire we were told to take it down in case anyone hurt themselves on it (in my opinion if anyone hurt themselves on it they must be climbing over and deserve it)and decided to sue. i dont know wether this is law or just our local authority being knobs for want of a better word
« Last Edit: November 06, 2007, 17:44:44 by lyndon.nelson »
regards LYNDON

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #9 on: November 06, 2007, 17:47:06 »
I am so sorry to hear this dreadful news, why in the world do some folks get a kick out of such a disgusting act beats me, I am truly sorry you had to experience this wickedness, Jeannine XX
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

CoffeePot

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: November 08, 2007, 08:25:10 »
I'm so sorry to hear this, what an awful thing to happen. Really makes you wonder about some people  :(

PAULW

• Acre
« Reply #11 on: November 14, 2007, 05:23:18 »
LYNDON
Cant be the law we have just had new gates put up on our lottie by the council with barbed wire on the top and barbed wire along the sides so the little scrotes cant swing around, but the best protection is a thorn hedge all around the place with brambles growing through it.

Rob08

• Acre
    • One Voice in Cyberspace
« Reply #12 on: November 17, 2007, 21:38:10 »
In Southern Africa we use kei apples as an excellent security hedge - fast growing, thorny and gives a good crop of apples for making jams and jellies.  Should grow well in the UK too so you could get by the Council using this - it is after all an edible plant and part of the allotment...

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #13 on: November 18, 2007, 12:31:29 »
What a horrible thing for anyone to find, KT.  :'( 

A couple of years ago someone broke into one of our lottie neighbours sheds where he kept rabbits and slaughtered the lot of them.  It was in all of the papers, both for the mindless killing of these defenceless animals and also the brutality of it.

I tend to wait until dark to put mine away and make a point of driving round the site to either catch anyone in the act or to scare off anyone lurking around.
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

shed hobbit

• Not So New ...
  • Friends together
« Reply #14 on: November 18, 2007, 20:47:13 »
Had same problem with some bugger taking rabbits from garden hutches pulling heads off & leaving bits all over patio, came in our garden one night only we had bad tempered ferrerts in hutch who if you went into hutch witout warning would attack and bite face & neck! Funny thing after that there were no more problems with any one elses rabbits!
Dancing with gnomes make you giddy

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal