Author Topic: My dogs  (Read 6148 times)

meandmine

• Not So New ...
My dogs
« on: November 12, 2007, 13:51:32 »
I'm new on here but while I'm waiting for the phone to ring about an allotment I thought I'd post some pics of my dogs to keep me busy lol

My girly

Boy No.1

Boy No.2

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Re: My dogs
« Reply #1 on: November 12, 2007, 15:51:06 »
What a fine looking bunch meandmine...I see boy No. 2 is all ready for Christmas ;D  Good luck with the lottie :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #2 on: November 12, 2007, 16:06:44 »
That is one good looker!
 Take a wander round the 'Photo Contest' section. Me thinks you might have a contender there.
Ken

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #3 on: November 12, 2007, 16:10:41 »
lovely dogs , what variety are they ?  :)

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #4 on: November 12, 2007, 17:13:59 »
Thanks for the lovely comments about my fur babies  :)  They're all of the Akita variety.
I've just looked at the photo comp. bit and I think I will have to nip off to find another piccy to put on there  ;D

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2007, 17:36:03 »
Yay good for you ;D

Beautiful friends you have meandmine  ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #6 on: November 24, 2007, 13:10:39 »
Sadly we're now down to two dogs.  The old boy in the last photo, Komo, had to go to the rainbow bridge on Tuesday  :'(

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: November 24, 2007, 13:51:12 »
So sorry to hear about Komo :'(  I know what you are going through having lost one of ours recently :(

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #8 on: November 24, 2007, 23:15:09 »
So sorry to hear about Komo :'(  I know what you are going through having lost one of ours recently :(

Thank you but I'm so sorry that you're going through the same.  We know they're not going to be with us forever but it's so hard when the time comes  :(

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: November 26, 2007, 19:24:24 »
Never easy saying goodbye to a faithful friend. I've had many great pals during my lifetime and the last farewell is the saddest thing; That said, all animals, humans too, have to take that final journey, all we can we do is be happy that while they were part of our family, we cared for them and gave them as good a life as we could.
 My present pal, Skeela, was our choice 9 years ago. Her brother from the same litter was 'culled' 2 days later because there were no 'takers'.  "Their Lives in out Hands, eh?"

meandmine

• Not So New ...
« Reply #10 on: November 26, 2007, 23:00:20 »
Never easy saying goodbye to a faithful friend. I've had many great pals during my lifetime and the last farewell is the saddest thing; That said, all animals, humans too, have to take that final journey, all we can we do is be happy that while they were part of our family, we cared for them and gave them as good a life as we could.
 My present pal, Skeela, was our choice 9 years ago. Her brother from the same litter was 'culled' 2 days later because there were no 'takers'.  "Their Lives in out Hands, eh?"

Thanks Ken, everything you've said is so true, the last part is so sad though  :(
I volunteer for Akita rescue (that's how I came to be owned by the two boys, they were both found straying and both in a very bad way) and through doing this I've had my eyes opened to the worse side of human nature.
The whole situation with Komo has broken my heart.  He was found straying in Bradford at the end of June this year, seemingly kicked out by his previous owners because he was old and poorly, then he came to live with us at the beginning of July.  Since he came to us he has been to the vets at least once every fortnight, sometimes every week, and he's been through alsorts including operations.  Before he went to the bridge he was on about 28 tablets a day plus eye drops, ear drops and weekly baths but he never complained about it once.  Unfortunately none of it helped him much.  I would dearly love to trace his previous owners so I could make sure they went through at least as much as my poor Komo went through.  It's when things like this happen I really hope the saying "What goes around comes around" is true.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 27, 2007, 10:04:59 »
Reading your story of Komo nearly reduced me to tears :'(  How fortunate for him to spend his last days with a caring loving family.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #12 on: November 27, 2007, 14:48:37 »
Things are a little stricter here in Belgium. Any dog visiting a vet's has to be chipped. Pity that rule isn't made compulsory at point of sale.
If I want to take my dog to the UK she has to be up-todate with all here jabs, including rabies and I have to show a document to prove she had a blood test within the last 24 hours. Any mistakes here and she doesn't travel, no argument. Why cant we be a little more concerned at all times with all dogs and owners. (All animals, in fact!)
....and why not bring back the dog licence?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal