Produce > Ponds 'n' Stuff

I've got Babies?

(1/2) > >>

teresa:
Went on holiday for a week, son and girlfriend moved in to look after Dad/fish/dogs and garden. ::)

All the family have heard me going on I want babies after losing my white and gold Koi and hoping she had spawned before she died. ???

Every day I looked in to the pool and nought. :'(

So last thursday I am taking photos of the kids in the pool and through the veiw finder I saw a baby  :o

well nearly dropped the dig camera in the pool. Started screaming, I got babies, hubby come running our neighbrough came to the fence asked if I was ok. :-[

Then hubby started laughing, what says I :o

well it turned out our son and girlfriend were so sorry for me they went and bought two for me a white and gold and a black and gold Koi. :D

Kids dont you just love them and I have babies at last  ;)ha ha. Teresa

Margaret:
Teresa,congratulations on your new arrivals!!  I had a "head" count the other night.Eight baby rudd and 3 goldfish.Wish i could get as excited as you.However I will not part with them of course.

Had no problems with the ponds while away,but got up this morning to find the level of my raised pond dropping rapidly.The "wrigglies" had blocked the pipe from the filter to the pond,which happens if I don't keep an eye on things.The"wrigglies" are very small larvae,which hatch into small flies but in great numbers they are an absolute menace.I thought they had finished for this year,as they are only bad in the hot weather.Sod hubbys lunch making,I'm rushing out in me nightie to see what the problem is.

Fancy a "larvae sandwich,anyone?"

Chloe:
Congratulations Teresa, on your babies.  Sorry I am a bit late with my wishes but have been away on holiday.

Managed to get and have a good look at my pond, on Sunday, and counted 29 babies.  That's without Sunny, Romeo and Tara and the babies I couldn't see.  So quickly found a net and got 10 of them out and put them in my new plot holders pond :)

teresa:
Hi Chloe
So you have babies 29 thats something ah so kind of you to give them away. Mine were shop bought but never mind next year.
Did you have a nice holiday anywhere interesting?
nice to have you back.
Teresa

Dusty:
I am quite jealous of you all having babies - as mentioned before I have only every had one baby (Stephen).  We still have him and he is doing fine although not growing as fast as I thought he would.  We had some frantic spawning late summer early autumn and I thought I would see some babies but no nothing at all.  I wonder if the fish could have eaten all the eggs.  I still keep looking but giving up hope now.

Will you be bringing your babies inside for winter or do you leave them out?   We were told they might not survive a bad winter which is why we brought Stephen in for his first winter.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version