Author Topic: Paeonia rockii and Trillium  (Read 1155 times)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Paeonia rockii and Trillium
« on: November 03, 2007, 20:41:24 »
I've been sneaking a look at some pots I planted up this time last year, and they're sprouting away underground. The Paeonies have roots, and the Trilliums have little  shoots which aren't ready to emerge yet. I've grown Paeony seed before, but not Trillium, apart from self-setters from the very few seeds mine manage to set. After a year, I find it hard to go on believing that the wretched pot is ever going to produce anything at all.

calendula

• Hectare
  • learn to love your weeds (saddleworth)
    • homeopathy
Re: Paeonia rockii and Trillium
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2007, 21:32:24 »
lucky you if you ever get trillium to seed and germinate, they are beautiful but I have given up with them having spent more than enough on seeds - good luck  :)

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2007, 08:11:17 »
Mine produce very few seeds for some reason; they may all be a clone, which might have something to do with it. if so, when some of the few seedlings I've spotted finally bloom, that may change things. We'll see about germination of some of the seeds I've got next year.

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3 on: November 05, 2007, 22:34:10 »
I had a another look at the Trilliums today, the ones I got through a seed exchange are germinating, the ones I got from POD aren't. But then, they can take sit in a pot for several years, and then germinate. I'm not giving up on them yet.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal