Author Topic: Dentists  (Read 1465 times)

ACE

• Hectare
Dentists
« on: November 01, 2007, 12:02:48 »
I love them!

Well one in particular. I had to go last week with an emergency. A lump had formed behind one of my front teeth. After an xray he said it looked like an abcess and the tooth would have to come out, so I had better find a dentist to do the bridging work, as because it was an emergency he could only treat me for the abcess. Sent me off with some antibiotics and told to report this morning to have the tooth removed.

After a miserable week of trying to come to terms with having a gap at the front and not being able to find a dentist who could finish of the work I got there this morning to be told he had shown the xray to a mate and they both agreed it was a bit strange that I had no pain. They have decided to refer me to the hospital dentists who can get rid of the lump (cyst) with a small op. and I can keep my tooth. Horray!  Now it gets better, he said I needed a couple of root fillings and he would do them then and there. But I am not registered with you I said. You are now he said I have just told the receptionist to put you on our books.

So here I am a bit numb around the mouth, but only £43 lighter as I am now a registered N.H. dental patient and I still have all my own teeth.

By the way this dentist had more ZZZ's in his name than I can remember, so don't go knocking my mates from Poland.

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Dentists
« Reply #1 on: November 01, 2007, 12:38:35 »
A great Result!
 ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #2 on: November 01, 2007, 12:39:12 »
Good result Ace!!

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #3 on: November 01, 2007, 14:13:49 »
Wow Ace, not often you get invited to be on a dentist NHS list!!

Fair play to him..... ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2007, 16:20:35 »
SMILE

mc55

• Hectare
  • Bernard at the cinema ! (Sheffield, S Yorks)
« Reply #5 on: November 01, 2007, 18:32:59 »
how nice to be reminded of all the nice / good people around for a change.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #6 on: November 01, 2007, 19:08:47 »
You've had a better day than my cat, Ace, who had four teeth out today and a general anaesthetic. She is home now and we are trying to persuade her to have a quiet evening - no chance, all she wants to do is to make up for having been starved since 8pm last night - and the dentists instructions were to give her a light diet tonight!!

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #7 on: November 02, 2007, 10:47:38 »
Just had the second stage of my dental work, another week and it will be finnished and £2100 lighter.  :( :'( :'(      ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #8 on: November 02, 2007, 12:23:18 »
CK. OMG!!!!!

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 02, 2007, 12:57:05 »
Just had the second stage of my dental work, another week and it will be finnished and £2100 lighter.  :( :'( :'(      ;D ;D ;D

Blimey mate, They must have been in a hell of a state, would have been cheaper to get a set of these £9.95

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #10 on: November 02, 2007, 12:59:56 »
Oh Billy Bob teeth! We have a few sets of them, hysterical!

Well done ACE, I am sitting here in dental pain, but my dentist has recently gone private, I know it has to be taken out (a back one luckily!) but am thinking the pliers might be a cheaper option..............................plus I am a COMPLETE wuss when it comes to dentists! :-[ :-[

CK....WOW!!!! :o :o
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 02, 2007, 13:13:20 »
Doris just phone the NH, don't tell them you are registered with anybody. They will give you emergency treatment for £15.90. If you are lucky you will get a chinese dentist and all their appoinments are at 2.30.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2007, 13:24:43 »
Oh CK.......besides the mega bucks (thats sooo expensive!)

I have dreadful panics about going and have to be in absolute agony before I even consider it. :'(

Thanks for that tip ACE......I will try that too when I am at my wits end ;)
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2007, 14:57:49 »
CK - the vet was much cheaper!! - and if you can't take the antibiotics you can go back to the surgery and a nice vetinary nurse will help you! And that would be free of charge!!

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #14 on: November 02, 2007, 15:16:21 »
Thumbs up Ace....and while you're about it, thumb up yer nose to the ex-NHS rip-off merchants... >:(

Another reminder to anyone living S. Birmingham....my 3 NHS dentists still have open books for new patients - or did last time I was there 3 months ago. Excellent treatment & a d**n sight cheaper than my previous Denplan lot ::)

PM me for details if you're interested...

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: November 02, 2007, 19:42:12 »
anyone no matter who they are registered with is entitled to nhs emergency dentistry if in pain, i am registered with an nhs dentist but had excrutiating pain and was seen by emergency dentist. they will only get you out of the immediate situation but no pain is good.
i finally gave up on my back tooth about 3 weeks ago it was cracked and gp thought i had neuralgia in my face but then dentist found crack, filled it, it became infected, then cardiac scare which could have been caused by it so told them to pull it no problem since except gum still has a gap in it not grown over yet! ;)

tartonterro

• Acre
« Reply #16 on: November 02, 2007, 19:57:38 »
now thats what you call lucky

Esre

• Half Acre
    • Esre's Blog
« Reply #17 on: November 02, 2007, 21:00:17 »
I have to defend my Private Dentist, couldn't get on an NHS list so stayed with my Dentist when he went private.

Apart from being a really nice chap he has seen me on numerous occasions for free!

I have a problem with recurring ulcers and they tend to hide right at the back where you can't see them no matter how you put your head. Bless him, he takes a look when I phone in panic convinced that this time all my teeth are falling out, gives me a quick check and sends me on my way with no hefty bill.

My kids are NHS out of principle but they are still on his books so if there is a need for some major work I have the option of where to take them.
Whatever it was I didn't do it but if I should have done then I have!

Plot 24A
My Blog

Busby

• Half Acre
« Reply #18 on: November 02, 2007, 21:48:19 »
Well, let me tell you this. At the age of fourteen for some reason my two front upper teeth splintered at the back and one on the side. I went to the dentist and he said 'he'd pull them'.  Fortunately I said I'd ask my mum and went home. She said 'wait a bit' I did, and went to another dentist - he filled them but not very well, the fillings were yellowish and rough. About 25 years later another dentist asked my why I was walking around like that! He took the old fillings out, put in new ones and still today at the age of 70 they still look like new!!!

Moral; sleep on it!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal