Author Topic: Calling Les-Woof/or Legless  (Read 4672 times)

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
Calling Les-Woof/or Legless
« on: June 30, 2004, 17:14:30 »
Have you measured yours yet Les?it's well past the 80days or are we waiting 'till they flower?Squirrels/Birds are eating the centres of mine . :'( :'(Who's in charge is it you or Legless!!!Since found out its mice.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2004, 15:48:14 by budgiebreeder »
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
Re:Calling Les-Woof/or Legless
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2004, 17:51:40 »
BB, Think we will have to give it a little longer.  We in the North East are a bit behind.  Mine are doing well, but no flowers yet.  Husband's much better than mine in height but even his have not flowered, but I am green with envy.  :( Would be interested to hear how everyone else is doing.   :) busy_lizzie    
live your days not count your years

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2004, 17:57:46 »
Minw are flowering BL so i will have to measure them now.Unfortunately the 18' one got trampled on by an Elephant as it came out of the wood at the bottom of my garden.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2004, 18:18:02 »
My 10 footer isn't any where near flowering!
(OK it is only 4ft, so I exaggerate!!) I think we should measure when they flower??
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2004, 18:22:23 »
BB, get your camera out and take some snaps.  Mine are yonks away from flowering and one is going to be a champ!  I can almost watch it growing, must be 8 foot by now  :o

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2004, 18:40:18 »
Might have to send me Elephant round then  EJ!!!iI'll do it this week end might squeeze another inch out of it by then.

Peter H

« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2004, 19:04:58 »
Well i'm gonna have to hire a helicopter or put a windturbine on a roof shed and fly past  :D to measure mine  ;) and have any of you lot got a 50 metre tape  ;D ;D ;D .

Peter

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2004, 19:33:26 »
I'm not participating but am a very intersted bystander in all this.  However I regret to say that I have a sneaking suspicion that one or two might be fibbers  ;) some might be stretching the truth  ::) and in the long turn some might be forced to actually tell lies  :o in the race to win.  Tut tut (pssst anyone taking a book on this competition and what are the odds?? :-X)
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #8 on: June 30, 2004, 19:52:21 »
Wicker indeed i hope that you are not even suggesting ,thinking or even letting it cross your mind that any form of chicanery,misrepresentation,trickery or straightforeward deception is going on here.The very idea.I just can't imagine what ever could give you an idea like that.You a senior citizen with a bus pass as well .How could you!How could you! ::) ::) ::)

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: June 30, 2004, 20:31:30 »
Life experience, human nature and plain jealousy on my part that's how - you ahve to earn that bus pass ;D

But what about the odds then.......
« Last Edit: June 30, 2004, 20:32:12 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #10 on: July 05, 2004, 15:30:01 »
So where did I go wrong? My champ is under 3ft tall. But it does seem to be in bud. Well at least there is something different happening in the centre of it's top leaves.
gone to pot :D

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #11 on: July 05, 2004, 16:07:58 »
We measured ours this morning, still no flowers.  busy Mikes 4' 2" busy lizzie only 3' 8", no flowers yet either.  Hopefully this spate of hot sunshine, torrential rain will have some effect. ;D busy_lizzie  
live your days not count your years

Les_Woof

• Acre
  • Ger orf ma land!!!!!
« Reply #12 on: July 12, 2004, 09:16:27 »
Hello all. :D

How is everyone, sorry for not posting recently if it wasn't for work life would be fantastic.....

Any way glad to hear all your sunflowers are doing well,  ours are a little worse for wear, but still nowhere near champions, however if there were a competition for the tastiest sunflower for slugs then we have won it, hands down!!! ;D ;D

Will have a measure tonight to see whats happening and let you all know......just say when we need to have a final submission measure and let the competion begin!!!!!!!!!!

Take care all
Les
 ;)
All the hard work is finally starting to pay off.....

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal