Author Topic: vee gee winter squash  (Read 777 times)

debster

• Hectare
vee gee winter squash
« on: October 25, 2007, 17:01:39 »
I think that is the name of it, i planted three plants earlier in the year and growing on one of them is what appears to be courgettes ie long and stripy is this correct or is there a chance the seeds could have been mixed up they came from a pass the parcel

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: vee gee winter squash
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2007, 18:10:17 »
Hi Debster, are you sure this is the right name, I am not familiar with this one XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2007, 18:48:08 »
no im not it could have just appeared in my head, i remember getting it from the pass the parcel where i was told it was a winter storing squash but not a winter growing one i think you gave me some advice about that bit jeannine so a hunting i am going to see what the real name could be  :-[ :-[ :-[ :-[
ok jeannine looking at the old post it would appear they were the squash seeds you rescued and dried out before posting on later to catch up they had gone mouldy perhaps you remember
« Last Edit: October 25, 2007, 18:51:31 by debster »

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2007, 12:12:32 »
I remember. They turned out to be Melonette  Jaspee de Vende and came from Flowerlady I think. Official  description  is:

Golden yellow, round  and netted,(which means like the surface of a canteloupe)
They grow to 3-4 pounds,the flesh is orange.

They are  by the way the same family as most courgettes so they would easily cross with one.

Me thinks they did.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2007, 13:19:18 »
thats the one think they must have deffo look like courgettes thanks

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal