Author Topic: Which steam cleaner do you recommend  (Read 979 times)

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
Which steam cleaner do you recommend
« on: October 20, 2007, 22:36:05 »
I am looking to purchase a steam cleaner as the vax-carpet cleaner I have is rubbish. I would like an all round one with different attachments to do different jobs. Upholstery, telescopic attachments for Windows, conservatory roof & PVC.

Opinions & advice on all steam cleaners much appreciated.
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Which steam cleaner do you recommend
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2007, 16:15:24 »
we've only got a small one from aldi, 25.00 but it covers all of your requirements apart from the telescopic one..it's brilliant for upholstery, window, worktops and carpets..also for mattresses, we're made up with it  ;D

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2007, 18:44:39 »
I did buy one from a newspaper advert it was £35 with the postage however i have regreted it as i wanted it to clean paintwork and tiles but the tankthing has to be held level and the hose is short so it means both hands are taken up so you cannot wipe things down as you steam them...... just looked at the box its from shop@ease very cheap and plasticy I don,t rate it much
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Lady of the Land

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2007, 22:04:28 »
I was in same situation as yourself having used vax carpet cleaner. I researched what was best make etc. and came up with polti. It was not cheap but at the end of the day you pay for what you get.I have had a Eco pro 3000 for the last 7 years and probably use it virtually every month ( would use it more if I had more time to do the cleaning). I use it for carpets,curtains mainly but have used it for tiles and car upholstry.
What you do need is plenty of cotton sheeting as dirt is brought to surface of carpet or curtain and comes off onto this cotton sheeting round the brush/nossle.You can buy special fitted covers for brush but I found that if you want to clean a largish area in one go it was easier to wrap cotton sheeting round the end and twist to keep in place and then move to a clean area of the sheet. When the whole sheet/piece of cotton is dirty go onto next one and these can be then washed and reused.

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #4 on: October 22, 2007, 11:37:34 »
We bought a Polti Vaporetto 2400 just last month, and it is used just like Lady describes. It is great for carpets and floors.  This was fairly pricey but it is very ecological and I really liked the idea of not using chemicals and using recycled old towels which can be washed. Was a bit disappointed that it doesn't really clean my hob as well as I thought it would,but the whole house smells fresher after I have used it. Our sitting room carpet was amazing after I had cleaned that as it brought the pile back up again. busy_lizzie 
live your days not count your years

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal