Author Topic: New arrival  (Read 10280 times)

noname

• Not So New ...
Re: New arrival
« Reply #20 on: October 22, 2007, 21:36:46 »
It's a nice colour- not got white ears which is always good.

How are the other two coping with him/her?

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #21 on: October 22, 2007, 22:51:42 »
Oy, there's nothing wrong with white ears!

jjt

• Half Acre
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 00:51:34 »
I agree with cocopops, cats like that are the best ones. They're more real. Always pick the kitten that bites.

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 09:09:04 »
Oy, there's nothing wrong with white ears
Our previous white eared cat got skin cancer in the tips of his ears and had to have them removed. Sadly the cancer spread and he died.
Manuel was the child of a feral cat
Hope she is not like him. The nearest McDonalds is 7 miles away!
Time will tell what this one is like but as said there is no problem even if it turns out to be wild. We have plenty of outdoor places for a 'barn' cat.
Hannibal igores it, but Twiggy is still very anti. She hisses and growls at it through the bars.
Still very early days though.
Gardening is the great leveller.

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #24 on: October 23, 2007, 09:33:00 »
Ah, sorry, I thought it was an aesthetic thing, so was leaping to my Maggie's defence! Sorry if I appeared insensitive. I do worry about her ears too, but try explaining to a cat about UV protection. "I think it might be an idea to stay indoors, Maggie, it's very bright". "Yeah, right" she replies, as the cat flap goes clickety clack.

noname

• Not So New ...
« Reply #25 on: October 23, 2007, 17:58:12 »
Oy, there's nothing wrong with white ears!

Sorry. As Palustris says I was referring to one of their old cats.

Apparently you should use sun lotion on cats' ears, although I doubt whoever came up with that idea has ever tried to do it!

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #26 on: October 23, 2007, 18:49:15 »
I tried putting suncream on her. Once! She wasn't impressed. I still feel bad for being insensitive about this. Sorry Palustris.

More cheerfully, how's she/he settling in now?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #27 on: October 23, 2007, 19:35:06 »
Keep us all informed on progress, Eric.

Ollie, you got a Border Collie cat. My My Border Collie dog does her nut whenever she sees one, jealousy me thinks.
Ken.

KittyKatt

• Half Acre
« Reply #28 on: October 23, 2007, 20:53:55 »
I have a tabby / tortie cat who was definitely feral when we adopted her at about a year old. She has turned out to be the most affectionate cat we have ever lived with (I hesitate to use the word "owned"). She adores a lap and sleeps on the bed at night. She is always rubbing herself round legs, introducing herself to guests and being the perfect hostess. She prefers to be a mostly indoor cat and doesn't like to go out much. She is extremely clean, eats well (cat food only, she never attempts to steal our food) and loves to play. She adores human company and will often check to make sure that all members of "her" household are present and correct.  The only drawbacks we have found - she has the reputation of being "feisty" at the vets (blood has been drawn on several occasions!) and she's not that keen on children or other cats!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: October 24, 2007, 09:05:18 »
I tried putting suncream on her. Once! She wasn't impressed. I still feel bad for being insensitive about this. Sorry Palustris.
I can imgaine!. Wash, lick, spit, growl.
Don't fret, we did not think you were being insensitive. Poppy (white (actually bald, eared cat) died a long time ago. Why should you know about him? Hope yours is more fortunate.

Kitten seems to be getting more used to us. It spent the whole evening wandering around the livingroom. It still tends to creep along rather than tail up, but a 100 percent improvement in just a few days.
Wrecked its sleeping area overnight though!

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #30 on: October 24, 2007, 10:08:20 »
Cute as anything.

I really really love the name Claude.  What about Claudia for a female?  (clawed ya!) 

Funny how it should come to you when you have recently lost Mytton. I think he/she is meant for you.

noname

• Not So New ...
« Reply #31 on: October 24, 2007, 19:25:55 »
Cute as anything.

I really really love the name Claude.  What about Claudia for a female?  (clawed ya!) 

I think Claudia would be an excellent name as well

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #32 on: October 26, 2007, 11:17:52 »
Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww eric, what a total and utter smasher  ;D

Our cat Polly is the daughter of a feral cat and we can still see a bit of it in her, but she is also very affectionate, sleeps on our bed (and sometimes in it!) and is becoming more and more a lap cat as she gets older.

Sounds like it's settling into domestic life well already, do keep the piccies coming, he/she's just gorgeous  ;)
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #33 on: October 26, 2007, 11:27:17 »
Awwwww!! lucky you Eric! new kitten! I wonder if he/shes going to be as funny/grumpy as Mytton! keep sending us pics please!
Our Male cat Spizz was a stray, the only cat our two girls would get near! took 2 weeks to get him in the house and 6 before we could stroke him!! he was all skin and bones and raggedy looking! 3 years later he purrs like a trouper and is as soft as a brush!
All the best  ;D

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: October 26, 2007, 12:08:42 »
Pictures will follow when I have worked out how to use this new Vista lark
Vetted this morning. Female so no going out for her for 6 months till neutered. No name as yet, but not Claudia or Chloe, so suggestions please. No prizes though!
Vet says fit and healthy and about 8 weeks.
Now purring like mad and climbing all over both of us and wanting to be stroked, so definitely tame.
Twiggy is still anti, but Hanibal does not care at all.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #35 on: October 26, 2007, 14:29:13 »
Looking forward to more pics soon, please Eric.

Re a name - what about Santa Claus - (just Santa to friends and family of course!)  ;)

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: October 27, 2007, 11:44:40 »
Seems she has been stuck with the name Moppet.
Back view to show go faster stripes. Knee sitting, furniture climbing, elder baiting fully at home and definitely TAME.

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #37 on: October 27, 2007, 12:32:56 »
She's a beauty - and I'm green with envy!!!! Wish a cat would come to our house to be adopted, but somehow I don't think our other two would be very impressed!

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: October 28, 2007, 20:49:31 »
Stretched out

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #39 on: October 28, 2007, 20:59:44 »
Oh my god!! what a great pic of contentment! a real cutie!
We lit the spanish style aga in the kitchen tonight and our full size tabby has turned into jelly!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal