Author Topic: Mantis help  (Read 1354 times)

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
Mantis help
« on: October 15, 2007, 14:35:03 »
Hi,
  Is there anyone out there who has a Mantis two stroke petrol tiller that can tell me what size spanner the spark plug takes, please? I need to remove it but don't have the right size and a search on google produces nothing. The Mantis website isn't helping either. Any help much appreciated. CC

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Re: Mantis help
« Reply #1 on: October 15, 2007, 16:10:03 »
Can you borrow an adjustable spanner?
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #2 on: October 15, 2007, 16:16:04 »
Look here and you should be able to find the manual for the one you need, but you will need some info about the machine.

http://mantis.com/owners_manual_library-swell2_tiller_engine.asp?cat=8

Failing that, I believe that their are only 2 sizes of plug spanner available anyhow, and it's probably the smaller one you would want
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: October 15, 2007, 16:22:12 »
Ring them - they're very helpful.

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 16:41:17 »
CC did you find out?  If not - I'll look this evening when I get home from work to see what size mine is - it is not a "usual" size as I recall and I had a heck of a time finding one.
Twinkletoes

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2007, 09:54:39 »
Morning CC.  Was unable to find my spanner thingy last night - that is it was not where I thought it would be!   >:(   However, if you can bear with me, I'll have a good look on Saturday in daylight.   :)

Twinkletoes

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #6 on: October 19, 2007, 10:36:20 »
Just checked mine, CC.
It's a Champion CJ8Y short reach plug. My plug spanner is 18mm across so I guess you're looking for an 18mm plug spanner or an 18mm socket with a deep reach.
Ken

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 21:18:08 »
Was any of the help offered of any use....or not, CC ???

Common_Clay

• Acre
  • Loved
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2007, 19:01:12 »
Hello and apologies to all, so sorry that I didn't reply to any of the really helpful advice... after posting the request for help, we got the Mantis running and it subsequently kept stalling unless the power was on full. So, the thoughts have turned from trying to find the right size spanner to thinking that I'm going to have to send the Mantis back to the company to be serviced/repaired. In all of this I completely forgot that I'd even asked about the spanner and have only just logged in.

Thank you so much for taking the time to help me, I'm hanging my head in shame here, although it's very useful to know the size now for future. Thanks again.  :) :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2007, 19:35:20 »
You can have one of three problems...(or all of course!) One is electrical, clearly not your problem, one is mechanical, and the other is fuel.
 If, after cleaning and resetting the gap on the plug, it's just the same, then I'd look at your carb setting.
 The Mantis site has a manual there where you can find all the info you need.
 The engine is a simple one and with a small amount of effort you can fix most of the running problems on a Mantis. Give it a go.
Ken.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal