Author Topic: Anyone buying next years seed?  (Read 2729 times)

cleo

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Anyone buying next years seed?
« Reply #20 on: October 24, 2007, 20:47:18 »
Still looking,Moles will get my `trade`order for herbs and cucumbers-but after that it`s a case of looking and thinking `what do I fancy`?

We went to an old walled garden a few weeks ago and Jen had never seen `yard long beans`-might try them this year

davee52uk

• Acre
« Reply #21 on: October 24, 2007, 23:01:52 »
PS - not wanting to be 2 anal about this but i am also going to program everything i need to plant into my outlook calander or MS Project so that i know what needs to be planted when, where and how long it takes to grow.

That's an absolutely BRILLIANT idea. I have written software to do this kind of thing and never realised that the solution was at hand.

davee52uk

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2007, 23:03:45 »
We have a series of catalogues that go to plotholders then we put in bulk order for everybody. That we make money for the allotment society.

We also sell stuff in a shop.

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #23 on: October 25, 2007, 07:20:19 »
I think I have enough seeds to last me 20 years ;D. I bought a huge amount in the Wyevale sale (and I still have a load from last years sale!), I've also ordered from Real Seeds for the first time (very impressed) and will have some from the Heritage Seed Library.

I only have to order my spuds and I'm done! I was thinking about ordering them from Simpsons and would be interested to know if anyone else had ordered spuds from them before.

barkingdog

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 21:13:39 »
like the manics I get a didcount with Kings seeds. went through all the seeds I already had. I am trying to be strong willed this year! also have ordered my potatoes!! am trying blight resistant ones
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #25 on: October 26, 2007, 00:44:26 »
Baker Creek who have rareseeds in the US are one of the best US ones,I get a   lot of my squash from them and my rare beans they have a good online catalogue and their shipping prices are very low.  XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #26 on: October 26, 2007, 09:48:35 »
Always been tempted by Baker Creek! nice to see you J  ;D

barkingdog

• Acre
  • Norfolk
« Reply #27 on: October 26, 2007, 12:39:31 »
I did get tempted by Baker Creek on Cambourne's advice and I bought several packs of beans and squashes.

I thought that the pack sizes were very reasonable and the cost was pretty low.

bd

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal