Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Photo Gallery layout

(1/2) > >>

Georgie:
A couple of questions if I may? 

1.  What is the difference between 'The Gallery' and 'Fun Photos'?  I was never able to work this out before but now they are under the same sub-heading I'm even less sure. 

2.  Why have you introduced an 'Our Pets' thread?  We have managed perfectly well with pets corner up to now haven't we?

G x

Admin aka Dan:
Interesting point about pets corner / our pets, I'll have a think about it.

I've always though of the gallery as being for great photos, and fun photos for pictures of trains nearly falling off bridges etc.

Dan

Georgie:

--- Quote from: Admin aka Dan on October 16, 2007, 21:29:38 ---
I've always though of the gallery as being for great photos, and fun photos for pictures of trains nearly falling off bridges etc.

Dan

--- End quote ---

Oh heck,  then I've got it wrong on both counts all this time!  Why didn't you tell me? ;)

G x

kenkew:
Thanks for your questions, Georgie. I'll try and clarify things.
 All the topics covered before still exist and if anything are now easier to find than before.
Over the years more and more of us have been going down the digi-cam route and the ease and cost effectiveness of taking and sharing photographs has meant a hugh increase in this side of things. I take the blame for suggesting that the main areas where photographs are shown might be better placed in a dedicated Photo section. The Gallery, Pets, contest, Fun Pic's and a new section on general photo comments are now all together in that new section.
The Gallery hasn't changed at all and seems to be used for anyone to show their wonderful shots of their gardens, flowers and holidays, etc.
 The 'Fun Photos' I've always considered to be different to ther Gallery in that it's there for humour rather than beauty.
The Pet's section seems to have started from scratch. See it the same as the Pets Corner but the extra wording 'at work and play' I thought might encourage a few photo's of the likes of working dogs and horses etc.
 No-one is 100% sure about changing a familiar layout, but if we give it awhile to get used to it I'm sure it will work well.
 Thanks for your comments, any received are always seriously considered.

Georgie:
Thanks for unlocking the thread.  A few more comments:

I like the idea of grouping all the photos in a dedicated section: it makes a lot of sense.

If there is really a need to separate 'serious' photos from 'fun' ones then perhaps you could revisit the strap lines?

I remain unconvinced of a separate board for pets' pics when pets corner has served us well.  Would be nice to hear what others think.

G x

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version