Author Topic: possible new Amaranth world record  (Read 16525 times)

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: possible new Amaranth world record
« Reply #20 on: March 14, 2008, 20:27:21 »
What?!!! I read the thread before going to open the link.....and now I don't think I'll bother? :(

Jeanine....you've obviously seen what I don't intend to look at right now....I saw the Official GWR Certificate....has this been negated?

GardenGirlSarah

• Not So New ...
« Reply #21 on: March 14, 2008, 20:28:50 »
LOL... I told the person who made it to use a clean song . But I think that song fits this story quite well. The song is from a new movie called "300" we have all heard the F- word and we all have mute buttons.  This is a link to anyone interested in viewing the largest certified Amaranthus australis ever grown to this date  
 enjoy!!
 Rated P-G 13

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tW99koioEc&feature=related

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: March 14, 2008, 20:31:24 »
Please clarify....WHO has the Certificate & is the holder of the same in the GWR book? #If it's yourself, we would, of course, like to congratulate you and commiserate with Brian. Better luck next year to whoever.

GardenGirlSarah

• Not So New ...
« Reply #23 on: March 14, 2008, 20:51:33 »
 We all know Jesse grew an Amaranth Australis 5 feet taller then the NJ plant .and we all know Brian recived his clones from Jesse. As a matter of fact Jesse's documentation of his 27'10" plant would hold up under a court of law . This has little to do with "GWR'S". and more to do with WORLD RECORDS. .Like I said this is a link to anyone interested in the largest Amaranth ever cultivated to date.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tW99koioEc

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #24 on: March 15, 2008, 11:34:59 »
As this appears to be the only post you think is worth posting on our forum you are not coming across very well, your comments on others have been mean and childish and your link to the site which contains dirty language should be in the Watershed where those who don't want to see or hear filth don't go.

You have lost all credibility with me now, and I was interested in the beginning.

Due to the amount of replies you have received it would appear that few people are interested too, the post seem to be just a place to knock someone else.
Sensibly he is not rising to your bait and I am not prepared to offer fuel for your fire

Brian if you are reading this, please post elsewhere, we all love to read your super info,  the many replies you have received proves that. I don't want to read this post anymore, but I would love to read what you have to say and I don't want to miss it by boycotting this one.

Lish, I think we have both been very interested in this but I have changed my mind, it is becoming very  pathetic now, I think the more we answer  the more this unsettling poster will  use for his own agenda.  What started as a cool topic has fallen into something completely different.

XX Jeannine

I ma n

When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #25 on: March 20, 2008, 00:15:04 »
This has little to do with "GWR'S". and more to do with WORLD RECORDS.

It has EVERYTHING to do with GWR. When you get your certificate from Guiness then and only then will it be recognised as a World Record. World records get broken so there's no need to b*tch that Brian declared his first. Submit yours to GWR and if your certification is accepted then you'll have broken the new (i.e Brian's) record.

The World Records Academy is a second rate certification without the same stringency as Guinness. Heck, their first ever records book hasn't even been released yet, so if you want credibilty, apply to Guinness.

Incidentally, as far as Brian 'acting' better. I've seen his posts elsewhere saying that 'if he breaks the record' he'd like Jesse's name on it too immediately followed by attacks from you.

« Last Edit: March 20, 2008, 00:57:54 by djbrenton »

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: March 20, 2008, 09:02:39 »
.....time to stock up on popcorn, DJ?... ::)

;D ;D ;D

djbrenton

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2008, 09:55:57 »
In the unlikely event gardenmonster evr returns to this thread I'd get comfortable if I were you. I'll provide the entertainment this time.

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2008, 12:48:59 »
In the unlikely event gardenmonster evr returns to this thread I'd get comfortable if I were you. I'll provide the entertainment this time.

I've been shopping.....bought the popcorn ;D

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #29 on: March 24, 2008, 10:43:24 »
Funny, I was cruising some other sites a few days ago and lo and behold I found this same arguement and guess what Garden Monster and Jesse are one nad the same it seems, wonder why he said it wasn't, he has other names too.

The folks on the other site are giving him shirt shrift.

I do hope this is the end of this daftness, I want Brian to ppost and help us again although I can see why he would want to not pour gasoline on this mans fire.

I need your help Brian, yours please.

Going to a new thread now.

XX Jeannin e
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

GardenGirlSarah

• Not So New ...
« Reply #30 on: March 24, 2008, 15:42:41 »
YAY !!!!! :)The fire is out .
  Jesse received his message from Guinness last Friday . He is the new  Guinness world record holder . Yay!! yippee!!
 I'm sure the Guinness web site will be updated soon. I will post up a copy of his Guinness certificate as soon as he sends me the picture.  thanks for that great advice D.J . HA HA!! 27 10!!!
  WHOO HOO!:)! thanks everyone for the continuous interest in this  "Guinness " record.   

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #31 on: March 24, 2008, 16:35:40 »
Get a life,I have read the other sites and they are laughing at you mate.

I am  not posting  to you anymore so are welcome to the last word,you are without a doubt an obsessive nut. Maybe you are so cracked even you don't know who you are or what you are not doing

Hey DJ.what you cooking for dinner, I will enjoy talking to you
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 16:40:33 by Jeannine »

GardenGirlSarah

• Not So New ...
« Reply #32 on: March 24, 2008, 19:08:40 »

RE;  Get a life,I have read the other sites and they are laughing at you mate.

laugh it up ..... I am laughing too!! Ha ha ha .     Jesse HOLDS  the Guinness world record ..
ha ha . you know what that means ? that means anyone who doubted the size of his plant is a MORON .
  NEW YORK  holds the Guinness world record now for tallest amaranth . NJ had the record for 14 days,
 then lost it. so the laugh is on you Jelloene,  Ha ha ....
  Hey Jello , now that Jesse Holds the Guinness world record what will you talk about now? perhaps you will talk about another plant you have no clue about. you get a life , get a few . looks like you have used all your life lines.

jockomorrocco

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #33 on: March 24, 2008, 19:18:23 »
garden monster get a life or GET LOST. There is no need to get personal.As it happens i know janinne has a deep knowledge of quite a few plants (tomatoes and squashes if my reading is correct)

betula

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: March 24, 2008, 19:24:15 »
If I lived by you I would cut the b****y thing down.You are a bore. >:(

sunflower_info

• Not So New ...
    • Giant Sunflowers
« Reply #35 on: September 18, 2008, 07:21:24 »
It's official!  The new 2009 Guinness World Record book came out in stores in the USA yesterday and under Tallest Plants lists

Amaranthus 23 ft 2 in (7.06 m) - Brian Moore (USA) - 2007

My name has been on the Guinness website for about a year now, but to actually see my name in the book made it all worth while.  It has been a childhood dream of mine to get into the book.   Hopefully, it won't be the last time I'm in the Guinness book.

sunflower_info

• Not So New ...
    • Giant Sunflowers
« Reply #36 on: September 18, 2008, 07:48:10 »
This year I've had some interesting amaranths growing.  I've been trying some other varieties to see if I can find other amaranths capable of enormous sizes.  I think I found another contender in the Amaranthus cannabinus - common name is the "Tidal-marsh amaranth".  This amaranth is closely related to the Amaranthus australis (Giant amaranth).  The tidal marsh amaranth has a more northern distribution than the giant amaranth.  The tidal marsh amaranth is even found in my home state of New Jersey.  I planted some last year, but they were hit hard by cucumber beetles and were overshadowed by the giant amaranths.  Although short, some went to seed.  One plant self-sown on the edge of my garden.   That self-sown seedling produced a giant 18 feet tall plant that was an amazing 16 feet wide before it was snapped to bits in the winds from the remmanents of tropical storm Hanna. 

Picture of kids in front of the amaranth while it was standing upright and branches were not weighed down by seeds.  It was not at full width when this picture was taken.  If I remember correctly around 14 feet at the time.

Picture of me holding an 15 ft. 8 inch pole to show the width of the plant.  The plant was several inches longer than the pole.  This was a day before the plant was blown apart.

Kids near the plant when it was falling over from the weight of the seeds.  This was taken a day before the plant blew down. 

I also had some other amaranths that were extremely tall this year.  These look like some sort of cross between a giant amaranth and a ornamental grain type amaranth.  These produced amaranths with red flowers. 

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #37 on: September 18, 2008, 12:35:13 »
Well done Brian.always a pleasure to hear from you. XX

Hyacinth

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: September 23, 2008, 20:41:16 »
Hello Brian, it's me, Lishka,  and just caught up with this...I've been in NC with the family. Jazzer grew one of your sunflowers, it was growing well but the cats tried to climb it....oh well, win some, lose some ::)

That's some jungle you've got there 8) great adventure area for the children!

You must be SO proud to see your name in print. I've said it before & I'll say it again. Well Done, Matey :)

So.....target for next year is........what, I wonder?

Regards, Lish x

sunflower_info

• Not So New ...
    • Giant Sunflowers
« Reply #39 on: November 05, 2008, 20:38:09 »

Hello Brian, it's me, Lishka,  and just caught up with this...I've been in NC with the family. Jazzer grew one of your sunflowers, it was growing well but the cats tried to climb it....oh well, win some, lose some ::)

That's some jungle you've got there 8) great adventure area for the children!

You must be SO proud to see your name in print. I've said it before & I'll say it again. Well Done, Matey :)

So.....target for next year is........what, I wonder?

Regards, Lish x

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the sunflower.  Let me know if you need anymore.  I can't count how many disasters I've had over the years, usually of my own making.  This year I was saving the chinese variety of sunflowers that has the longest growing season I've ever seen.  I never saw how large they got because the deer ate them all.  However, they put on side branches and produced seeds.  I saved all the heads and dried the seeds.  The seeds were not totally dry and I was moving stuff, and put another plastic container over the container they were in.  They ended up getting mildew all over them.  I lost the majority of them.  I hope the rest germinate.  I still have some seed from last year.  This coming year I am planting them at my place in New Jersey and my place in New York to ensure they survive. 

This year wasn't very good for me.  I had some nice plants, but nothing spectacular.  Tallest amaranth was only 21 feet tall.  Most were in the ball park 20 feet to 18 feet. 

One thing I accidently did was create a new hybrid amaranth between those giant amaranth and a long seasoned ornamental amaranth that grows 13-14 feet tall.  I had all these self-sown amaranth in the garden with red heads on them around 18 to 19 feet tall.  Well, I also planted a row of seed from this ornamental amaranth I grew last year.  Everyone of those plants looked identical to the self-sown plants in the garden.  All of the plants were sterile; so this hybrid will not produce seeds.  I've probably created the world's tallest ornamental amaranth. 

Brian

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal