Author Topic: Competition Comments  (Read 8277 times)

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
Re: Competition Comments
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2007, 09:37:53 »
Should do the trick, Lish.

Grandma

• Hectare
  • Worthing, West Sussex.
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2007, 09:46:38 »
Another thought. (Obviously got my thinking head on this a.m.!)

I'm wondering if the title 'post and vote' has discouraged some folk - who don't wish to post - from voting.

Maybe 'post or vote' would make it easier/clearer?

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #22 on: October 23, 2007, 17:12:54 »
I like the comments about the entries and what grabs your eye is a purely personal choice.  Someone else's comments on their choice of vote wouldn't sway me.

KK, how about pinning the current comps at the top of the comp board so they are easier to spot?  It's all a bit of jumble in there isn't it?  What with all the diff competition announcements, closures etc.  Pinning the vote threads at the top each time would be far easier?

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #23 on: October 23, 2007, 18:55:09 »
I love it...positive sensible feed-back. Many thanks. My single brain does go into slow-motion at times.
 I'll look in to everything that's been suggested and work out the best way to present and modify it.
 The 'jumble' is due to 'The last post always being promoted to No1 position' syndrom.
 Making the various current 'postings'..'votes'..'results'..a sticky might work....brain churning again, give me a little while to figure out 'consequences'.
Thanks, Ken.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #24 on: October 25, 2007, 00:15:41 »
KK, I've sent two entries for the next competition but true to my style, I didn't read your how to submit instructions first  :-[  I sent an email from my SB yahoo email and just put Comp Entries in the title and sent both entries in one go, is that ok? 

BTW, although I may have grumbled about a couple of things since you took over the comp, please don't misunderstand that as my being ungrateful at all of your hard work and effort.  I think you're doing a top job  :)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 08:14:15 »
Thanks SB.
Pic's arrived and sorted.
Ken.

legendaryone

• Hectare
« Reply #26 on: October 25, 2007, 10:20:03 »
BTW, although I may have grumbled about a couple of things since you took over the comp, please don't misunderstand that as my being ungrateful at all of your hard work and effort.  I think you're doing a top job  :)

Ken, i hope SB's obvious attempt at flattery will not sway you in anyway and that you continue the sterling and wonderful job that you are doing. You are truly a fantastic and kind human being and i feel privileged to have your read posts and seen your magnificent photos  ;D ;D ;D
All those who believe in Telekinesis, Raise my hand.

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #27 on: October 25, 2007, 10:49:29 »
^^ hahahahahahahaha

I did think after I posted those comments, 'oh no, it looks as if I'm buttering up the judge' then I remembered, with relief, that KK isn't the judge, LOL

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #28 on: October 25, 2007, 16:59:29 »
Im in the sad position of not being able to be bought!...Some organisor I am!!! ::)

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2007, 09:49:53 »
My bit below is a reply to recent questions placed in the 'Help Needed' thread. To view those questions have a look in there, but any contest comments, suggestions etc are best kept togther in here otherwise some suggestions are going to get lost.
Ken.

The contest will settle down into a more steady flow very shortly. In fact 2 of them close today. We have a few underway to begin with to test how the different categories would go.
 After this week, although there will be variety, there won't be quite so many running at once but I do want to try and keep parts of the contest continually active be it submitting or voting.

The 'hidden' voting method is just one option and like the rest of the new format, it's a case of finding what's popular and what's not.

Could I ask that further contest queries by placed in the Contest comments section of Photo Talk to help keep all the contest questions and suggestions in the one place?

Thanks for all the input towards improving the contest(s).
Ken.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: October 27, 2007, 11:33:05 »
Well,I have come into this very late and read both posts,all of the enhancing stuff,yeah or nay goes right over my head,if I take snaps they have heads sometimes , sometimes not!! Far too techn ical a read for me . So good luck to all who enter and thank you Kenkew for taking on such a daring role.I shall enjoy looking at the pictures.

Personally for me there would have to be a category for camera challenged wrinklies taking headless shots with an old box Brownie.

Good Luck everyone. XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #31 on: October 27, 2007, 11:49:59 »
Yet again...an idea springs forth. Possibly a 'Blooper' contest. Or 'What did I do Wrong'...Thanks, Jeannine, that's in the ideas book.
Ken.

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
« Reply #32 on: October 27, 2007, 12:13:29 »
Ooooooh I have a lot for that contest too....... ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #33 on: October 27, 2007, 13:01:51 »
Thanks gang you have made me feel really good now,does poor light and uopside down shots go in their too, when it comes to photography I am a plumber!! XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #34 on: October 27, 2007, 18:03:42 »
Well I'm a bit confused. Does this shot I did in 1975 go under 'Head Shot', 'Body Art' or 'Natural History'?

;)
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2007, 12:02:52 »
Thought I had the answer to most questions, Trix but you caught me short on that one!   :D

I'd like to say thanks to all of those who submitted and/or voted for Scenes1: Life1: and Themes1:
 It works out at 30 photographes submitted over the 3 categories with votes to-date standing at 81. This compares well with contests run since January this year which had an average submission rate of 12 pic's per month.

Photographs for Scenes2: Life2: and Themes2: are also coming in daily. Time yet to add a pic if you've not already done so.

Thanks, Ken.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2007, 15:23:14 »
A few requests to make finding current comp section easier have led to a slight change. If it's better like this it stays. Is it?

Requests for photo submissions will all now be located at the top of the Comp page as a 'Sticky Topic'.

Voting threads will also be posted as a 'Sticky Topic'.
Ken.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal