Photo Gallery > Photo Talk

Competition Comments

(1/8) > >>

kenkew:
Just setting things up....a little patience...be with all you itchy photo contributors very shortly.
Ken.

legendaryone:
Thats great news ken  :)

kenkew:
Ta! L'one,
Working on it...and last chance for suggestions from anyone!

Just to allay concerns I've received...the past Comp history will NOT be lost, I feel it's important to preserve that, not only as a reference, but there are some wonderful contributions in there and those worthy past winners will not be resigned to the bin!
 It's still going to take a little while to sort things out (doing it now) but I'm hoping to have things up-and-running very shortly.
 Thanks for all the patience.

kenkew:
I've had quite a few E's while I've been assembling the 'new-look' contest section regarding my previous insistance of the non-use of digital photographic software.
 Without bending to pressure but listening to what's being said, I'm withdrawing that insistance. As has been pointed out, digital software is part of digital photography! That's a fact, plus there is a marked difference between using software to 'develop' photographs and using high-end enhancement programmes to 'doctor' them.
 I'm bowing out of this and leaving it to the voters to decide. Maybe at some time in the future we could look at creating a section with 'enhancement' in mind.
Ken.

Robert_Brenchley:
I think there has to be a limit to how much manipulation you allow, but I don't see any difference between, say, the use of filters or different types of printing paper to control contrast in black and white photography and the use of software to manipulate it on a digital image. I find I do it to almost every shot, as unless I'm taking pics in bright sunlight they tend to be lacking in contrast. if I was doing the old-fashioned type of photography, I'd increase it routinely, and nobody would turn a hair.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version