Author Topic: First one !!  (Read 1402 times)

flowerofshona2007

• Hectare
  • Flowerofshona
First one !!
« on: November 08, 2007, 20:23:18 »
Was up the lottie this morning and took a break from digging, the plot next to me has sunflowers and sparrows are always there but today i saw my first ever green finch Wooo Hoooo !!!!
Not earth shattering i guess but it made my day  :D

markyb23

• Half Acre
  • Bloke from Stoke
Re: First one !!
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2007, 23:15:38 »
Nice one flower. They are beautiful birds. They have the same effect on me. :)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2007, 09:28:48 »
all our little birds have come back foraging this week, lots of different ones, there's a few greenfinches in thre, do they hang around in gangs ?  :)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2007, 13:49:16 »
Good stuff you have a greenfinch.  Finches usually forage around in flocks or small groups.  My tally at the moment is about 9 greenfinches, but the goldfinches have gone walkabout just now, sure they will be back soon.  Chaffinches are a bit sparse as well but once  winter really sets in they will be back.  Its Blackbirds I am seeing loads of at the moment and can't keep them going on apples.   ;) ;)

honeybee

• Hectare
  • Cheshire
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2007, 22:16:50 »
Isnt it amazing when you see a bird for the first time? :)

We only started getting finches in the garden a couple of years back when I recognised a different call and sat patiently for hours waiting to recognise what is was and bought the right seed accordingly to entice them as regular visitors as they are now.

I spent last week in Brixham, Devon on holiday and saw for the very first time bullfinches at Berry Head and was absolutely delighted at the sight of them :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal