Author Topic: g h flooring  (Read 1908 times)

stig

• Quarter Acre
g h flooring
« on: September 29, 2007, 19:55:45 »
what would people reccomend for g h flooring slabs/part concrete /carpet advise please?
im stig (thats short for stig in the mud)

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
Re: g h flooring
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2007, 23:05:47 »
Hi Stig,

I'm using wooden pallets set into the ground for stability and to stop the dirt from being kicked up, but Ideally I'd have a strip of concrete down the middle with beds either side.

Hope that helps
Su
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #2 on: September 30, 2007, 10:53:24 »
Hello. Iplant straight into soil put plenty of manure and compost each year. You've no grobags to buy and the plants don't need watering as much.

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #3 on: September 30, 2007, 18:44:50 »
Can't beat a dry standing area, Stig. If you plan to keep your Ghouse for years, don't skimp on a decent floor. A concrete path (2" to 4" deep x 18" wide ) is ideal, no places for baddies to hide and easy to keep clean. During hot summers you can chuck a bucket of water on it to help keep the house cool.

Two Choices

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2007, 17:44:04 »
Stig, I opted for pea shingle about 3 inches deep. If you get the odd weed it is easy to remove and water drains away from pots which are free standing. It also hepls retain a little heat at the end of the season when we get some sun but the nightime temperatures are dropping off.  Hope this helps TC :)

Pigletwillie

• Quarter Acre
    • Hilltop Adventures Blog
« Reply #5 on: October 07, 2007, 18:44:01 »
My big tunnels have slab paths, the smaller greenhouses however have gravel over membrane. Both can be watered to cool things down and are practical.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal