Author Topic: Bl***y Cat!  (Read 1769 times)

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
Bl***y Cat!
« on: June 26, 2004, 21:46:01 »
My bl***y cat has c**pped over my lettuce seedlings. I am SOOOO angry  >:(. I had put them in a pot because there wasn't space in the garden but the cat had to find the nice fresh soil. Luckily I did two pots and have managed to rescue one before she did any more damage. Agh!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

eileen

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re:Bl***y Cat!
« Reply #1 on: June 27, 2004, 00:39:46 »
At least it was your cat!!! I hate it when neighbours cats come and have a cr.p in my garden. Must remember to buy a high powered water pistiol!!

Eileen.

EILEEN.

Life is like nectar sweet but sometimes sticky.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: June 27, 2004, 01:08:02 »
On my slug hunt tonight, have seen a huge pile in the midst of my salad patch, kinda puts me off my lettuces :'(! And like Eileen I don't have a cat! Holly branches down tomorrow >:(
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 27, 2004, 21:27:52 »
Most Garden Centres sell water pistols in their "kids" section!!!

I agree - someone elses cat crapping in your garden is horrible. I have provided a special patch in our garden just for our cat, which I clear regularly. She has been very happy with it - until she found my lettuces. All my lettuces from that pot are in the garden-waste bin now because couldn't contemplate eating them now. Humph. Have constructed a slightly raised mesh above my other pot of lettuces now. Cat hasn't got through it/round it/on it yet. Fingers crossed for my lettuces!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mubgrub

• Half Acre
« Reply #4 on: June 27, 2004, 21:51:21 »
My housemates cat kept crapping in the lovely virginia creeper I have in a pot out back.  I read that cats hate citrus so sqeezed a few oranges round the edge of the pot, seems to be working so far, although I hate wasting the oranges, perhaps I'll try some squash or something.

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #5 on: June 27, 2004, 23:12:12 »
I has cats now 2... one is well fluffy and is called Ganja and the other is well jet black and called de-ville.... anyways the morals to this story is.... i brought one of them plastic green house from poundstretchers.... and the grate thingies that comes insides are ideal for keeping them aways... ......  is good for planting to cus u can work the grid in whatever mathermatical equation u chooses,, which for me is quite good news cus i struggle between talking in binary.... or talking in inglish... so I has combined them boths and nows i iz fluent in binglishry10101000100010001000010001.. but like i said to thse blinking blonking education authorities,,, u cant censor me you 1001000111001110011100111100011000100.... god u should have seen everyone stop and look.... still the lil 11001101110011011100110111001101'ers deserve all they gets... is a turning point in life when u can looks inside yerself all dead maffymatical like...is deffo babble alert...

oz...
 i dont really want hit post but am gonna cus what the hell is only a moment in time and what the hell am gonna take charge of this moment and now hit delete... is deffo dif world at the mo it is..... still is nice and glasters is comming to a close.. nice one bbc for bringing to me house like.... nice one
« Last Edit: June 27, 2004, 23:18:04 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2004, 13:32:51 »
I used to strew holly and pyracantha clippings everywhere at the last house to stop the cats squatting down. It can make hand-weeding painfull though  ???

Jeremy

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2004, 14:10:46 »
I leave woody prunings over any bare soil. But the little unmentionables still manage to find a place I've missed!

The good thing about this hot, dry weather, though, is that it makes disposal of the stuff easier. I found a bit on Saturday, so did the plastic bag thing to pick it up and the t*rd was totally petrified! Made for much more pleasant disposal.
gone to pot :D

Plocket

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2004, 19:45:16 »
Mmm! Will have to remember the holly thing - have recently planted a small hedge so will collect leaves for various areas of the garden.

Every couple of days I go to my cat's toilet area and clear it using nappy sacks! It's a miserable job if it has rained just beforehand! At least I know that she doesn't p**s off the neighbours!!! Luckily she is an old cat now and rarely goes far from our garden.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal