Author Topic: Never Again. Ever!!!  (Read 1282 times)

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
Never Again. Ever!!!
« on: June 26, 2004, 19:27:59 »
What have you planted that you will never ever, ever plant again? What has looked so innocent but completely taken over and you despair of ever getting rid of? What you recommend someone steer well clear off?

TrailRat

• Half Acre
  • I like the feel of dirt in my teeth
Re:Never Again. Ever!!!
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2004, 20:12:29 »
Message from a wise herb gardener that borrowed a small corner of his mums garden. Never plant comfrey and feverfew in "wild" soil. Feverfew has taken over a whole border and the comfrey has sunk roots so far that i'm expecting phone calls from Oz ;D with complaints. I still grow these as I like the medicinal properties these provide but have transplanted both to pots. The feverfew is in a butlers sink and the comfrey is in a deep wooden barrel. But I am still trying to rid them from my mum's border and I'm not succeeding.

TrailRat
If it weren't for beer and sex than cycling would be the best thing in the world.

Plocket

• Hectare
  • Clematis Crystal Fountain
    • Plocket's Clematis Site
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2004, 21:42:56 »
That hydrangea "schizophrenic" or whatever it is called. Gorgeous if you have space but not for small gardens!!!
The tree which moves some to tears of joy is in the eyes of others only a green thing which stands in the way... (William Blake)

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2004, 00:03:44 »
Well we didn't plant it, but some bright spark planted ground elder in my mums front garden as ground cover.  They have lived there for 34 years and have never ever won the battle!  Mum also has an acanthus beside her pond, and it is every bit as big as a gunnera, great, if your garden isn't the size of a small postage stamp and you actually want to look into your pond!  :o

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2004, 19:18:57 »
Don`t plant Gourds unless you have 2 acres of land to spare.HA HA

and feverfew is very pretty. great for headaches, but boy does it think it owns the garden. ;D ;D

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal