Author Topic: Pond Piccie  (Read 11188 times)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Pond Piccie
« on: November 16, 2003, 14:54:10 »
Hi all,

Not sure who this pond belongs to - could not match a username to the email !

But I'm sure the owner will stand up.

Cheers

Dan

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:11 by -1 »

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
Re: Pond Piccie
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2003, 15:17:08 »
Well it could well be mine but unfortunately I can't see any piccy so I can't confirm this!

Can anyone else see it or am I missing something?

Thanks

Tony
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

Margaret

• Hectare
  • My precious granddaughter Lauren
« Reply #2 on: November 17, 2003, 15:41:17 »
Hi Tony.Yes i can see it in all its glory!! It looks very nice.I did not realise that the middle section is more of a stream.I bet any fish that escapes the top section thinks it is riding the rapids,doesn't it? Not so easy to see the top section,but well done to getting it on here.

My stepson has got a digital camera,and so when the ponds look their best next year I'll get him to take some photos and then see what it is I have to do.Thanks for the car reg plates.Could have some fun there!! Must dash ,going out,talk later.
« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:11 by -1 »
Margaret

Anthony

• Half Acre
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #3 on: November 28, 2003, 14:22:07 »
And then there was light!!!  I can see it now!

Thanks Maggie, the middle is approx 14" deep and despite their best efforts (i.e. Riding the rapids on a couple of occasions)  none of the fish currently reside in there!  (I took your advice from the BBC website and decided on top and bottom only for fish.)

Since taking the piccie, I've added some more plants to all three sections, a couple of hanging baskets to cover up the unsightly lime staines on the wall to the right and an urn at the top as the water outlet from the filter (top right) I think I mentioned this previously again on the BBC.

I'm still having problems with flooding and as you can see, with the bottom section being lower than the rest of the area when the water in the bottom does get too high it has no-where to go to.  Next (and probably final) job will be the overflow which I have talked about, and put off doing, since approx July last year!

Did you decide on a personal reg?

Tony

« Last Edit: January 01, 1970, 01:00:00 by 1077926400 »

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal