Author Topic: RAW words  (Read 4083 times)

star

• Hectare
  • Northampton, sm greenhouse, heated propagator
Re: RAW words
« Reply #20 on: October 16, 2007, 13:11:08 »
 ::)I dont understand it, but I have bookmarked it anyhow.....hoping to learn from you guys a lot more. You'll need some patience mind! ;D ;D
I was born with nothing and have most of it left.

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 17, 2007, 16:22:52 »
Ken,
Have you got a new model of camera? If so my OH says you may need to upgrade your version of Lightroom to the latest version 1.2

Also my OH says if you're using Vista there is a bug and he knows Canon Raw files won't download
http://kb.adobe.com/selfservice/viewContent.do?externalId=kb401490&sliceId=1

the workaround is to manually copy the raw files form the flash crad on the hard disc, then import them into lightroom

kenkew

• Hectare
  • Don't look now but...
« Reply #22 on: October 17, 2007, 16:36:21 »
Thanks for all that, Kea.
 Yes it is a fairly new model but I've already up-dated LRoom to cater for that. My model is now mentioned.

I do have a way round it, I simply drop the RAW's into 'My Pic's' and move them across. It's just a bit of a 'thing' when I shouldn't need to.
Thanks again...maybe I need a bigger hammer!

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: October 17, 2007, 17:17:41 »
I have plenty of sympathy for you. I have an expert on hand but he gets grumpy and calls me death to computers when I do something that doesn't work. It's probably because i don't have the logical approach that a computer programmer has, I am really useful for finding bugs in any software because of my unpredictable use of it.

Vista, if anyone has it has a lot of compatibility problems with software.

sawfish

• Hectare
  • glasgow dreamer
« Reply #24 on: October 20, 2007, 19:05:59 »
Raw files just give you the best quality possible. There is a plugin for Photoshop CS3 but if you use Fuji cameras you can get a free program for opening and altering raw files here....

http://www.geocities.co.jp/SiliconValley-PaloAlto/9919/s7raw.html

to be honest theres no need to use them unless you want enormous prints and are a professional photographer.

I can get 223 of the largest best quality JPEGS on my camera but only 64 RAW images, its hardly worth it.

Simba42

• Half Acre
    • Jen's Allotment
« Reply #25 on: October 25, 2007, 18:58:56 »
Are you copying the files to your harddrive before looking at them or are they still on the card? I have the problem that im unable to view images via the camera. I have to upload them on to the machine.

I use Breezebrower to preview and select.http://www.breezesys.com/
LightRoom and PhotoShop CS3 to edit.

Is your copy of Lightroom legit?

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal