Author Topic: daffodils  (Read 1627 times)

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
daffodils
« on: October 04, 2007, 12:56:37 »
Hi Guys,

Last week i picked up a bucket of daffodils in huntington market, have got around to weighing them and there is 7lb of bulbs in the bag (3.17kg). You might ask how much this cost and the answer is a wopping £2.50!!! They look fairly ok no mould and the bulbs are fat and feel ok.

I am now trying to work out where to plant them all :)

I would stongly urge you to pop that way if your close by :) or check your own local markets.

Camborune7

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Re: daffodils
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2007, 19:53:45 »
Sounds like you had a great bargain.
The only thing that put me off daffs etc is you had to wait so long after flowering to tidy them up.
On GW (I think) someone mentioned planting them in pots and then pot and all goes into the ground. When they have finished flowering dig up the pot and store them elsewhere out of sight to allow foliage to rot down.
I will be doing just that this year.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2007, 10:30:55 »
good idea  ;)

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2007, 16:53:42 »
I have picked up loads of terricota pots from freecycle there not pretty but there usable.

I am going to pack them into the car tomorrow and fill them with soil and plan them up with some bulbs and just leave then somewhere on the plot till the new year then i can pop them around the area to help with attracting bugs  :D.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal