Author Topic: caravan  (Read 2060 times)

ACE

• Hectare
caravan
« on: October 01, 2007, 12:20:06 »
Although I spend most of the summer in a camper van working at garden shows, I recently took my wife on a trip to Germany in the van. She loved it but thought it was a bit cramped. She really got hooked, so I have now invested in a nice caravan.

The initial cost was not to bad, and I thought a trip to wilkinsons would get it kitted out quite cheaply. NOT SO!  She has put all the stuff she wanted in there from the house and is re-equipping her kitchen and bedding with a lot of expensive 'bargains'.

Never mind, if it keeps her happy.

Now, there must be a few of you out there who enjoy this style of holiday. So if you know of any good sites here or abroad I should be more than pleased to hear about them.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: caravan
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 12:24:35 »
depends on what you want, ace..st ives bay does touring caravan sites, beautiful spot  ;D

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 12:27:55 »
Caravan? I'm sorry, did you say caravan?

<Insert generic & uninformed comment blah blah blah, roadhogs, slow etc etc>

Only joking - hope you have fun in it! We used to go to the West coast of Scotland in ours (we lived on the East!) to a caravan & campsite called Achmelvich. Absolutely stunning.

Here it is:
http://www.undiscoveredscotland.co.uk/lochinver/achmelvich/index.html

Pumper

• Half Acre
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 12:31:56 »
Ace,
We go camping with a tent (an enormous one !!), and are members of a forum here http://www.ukcampsite.co.uk/.
Very popular forum, very helpful and friendly (just as you find them on the camp site  :D)
It caters for tents, caravans, trailer tents and campervans.
Loads of useful links and advice on camp sites, equipment and general chitchat on the messageboards.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 13:09:07 »
Cheers maties. Ollie, did I spot snow! Us southern Jessies do not do snow. Like all tender exotics I do not even own an overcoat. I last saw snow 10 years ago when I gazed across the Solent and spotted some on the hills of the North Island

Pumper,Looks interesting.

Manic, I went to St. Ives once, it was full of noisy scousers on holiday ;D.  No seriously, I might take a trip out west. (do they still stone missionaries)

elvis2003

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 13:50:28 »
ace ace ace,noisy WHAT!!!! you are very naughty.......
im very interested n this thread,as fingers crossed we are about to buy a camper van from our neighbour,ive always wanted one!!! i dont know anything about them however,sensible OH wants to get our local mechanic to have a look at it etc but i just want it,now! im already wondering if we would be allowed to take it on the lottie for sleepovers........
love rach(noisy scouser) x
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #6 on: October 02, 2007, 23:33:27 »
We had a caravan for a number of years.  We used to have short breaks of 4 or 5 days because I couldnt leave my mother too long at home alone.

Good sites were BlairCastle at Blair Atholl, Perthshire.
Site at Killin  also in Perthshire
Site at Troutbridge in the Lake District
Craignure, Isle of Mull

but really, most sites nowadays are good with all the usual facilities on site.

You  will have to join the Camping and Caravan club.  You get the brochure for all their registered sites.

Good luck.

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #7 on: October 03, 2007, 00:14:00 »
ace ace ace,noisy WHAT!!!! you are very naughty.......
im very interested n this thread,as fingers crossed we are about to buy a camper van from our neighbour,ive always wanted one!!! i dont know anything about them however,sensible OH wants to get our local mechanic to have a look at it etc but i just want it,now! im already wondering if we would be allowed to take it on the lottie for sleepovers........
love rach(noisy scouser) x
If it's a Bedford CF,you can get a lot of help here! :)

northener

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments4All
« Reply #8 on: October 03, 2007, 08:03:49 »
Hookhouse farm Robin hoods near whitby cracking site overlooking the bay.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal