Author Topic: Yellow raspberries  (Read 1169 times)

KittyKatt

• Half Acre
Yellow raspberries
« on: September 27, 2007, 21:08:39 »
I am thinking of extending my raspberry collection and am rather tempted by the idea of yellow raspberries. BUT I have never tasted one!! Has anyone grown yellow raspberries, and if so, would they recommend them?

KittyKatt

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
Re: Yellow raspberries
« Reply #1 on: September 27, 2007, 21:10:56 »
Yes I would!
I've grown 'All Gold' this year, they are autumn fruiting variety so easy to care for and taste wonderful, I am considering getting some more! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

KittyKatt

• Half Acre
« Reply #2 on: September 27, 2007, 21:17:10 »
Thank you, Deb, that is the best kind of recommendation - tasty and easy to grow!!! I will definitely be adding them to my list.
KK

Curryandchips

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 21:17:27 »
Yes indeed. No idea on my variety, but they are also autumn fruiting, I started out with a couple of canes two years ago, and now have about a dozen. The fruit is slightly more delicate in taste than red fruit, and the birds seem to leave them alone.
The impossible is just a journey away ...

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #4 on: September 28, 2007, 16:29:02 »
I've been thinking about planting yellow ones too. Nice to know they are good. :)

real food

• Acre
    • Growing Your Own fruit and Vegetables
« Reply #5 on: September 28, 2007, 21:03:22 »
I would not plant yellow rasps again. The taste is perfectly acceptable, but they do not look nice with the black beetle grubs growing inside them. I do not want to spray my rasps.
See the quick guide to Growing, Storing, and the Healthy Cooking, of your own Fruit and Vegetables at www.growingyourown.info

nippie

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: September 28, 2007, 21:14:31 »
I would not plant yellow rasps again. The taste is perfectly acceptable, but they do not look nice with the black beetle grubs growing inside them. I do not want to spray my rasps.

Uuuuggh ;D

Yellow raspberries are like yellow tomatoes......just not right ???
When I grew yellow toms I had to eat them with my eyes shut, otherwise I couldn't believe they were tomatoes.  :o
Friendship isn't a big thing.
Its a million little things.

Melbourne12

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Harrow, Middx
    • Allotmenteering Blog
« Reply #7 on: September 28, 2007, 23:06:19 »
We've got a row of Autumn Gold.  Very easy to grow and very productive.  But the taste isn't a patch on "real" raspberries.  When they get old they'll be replaced with red ones.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
« Reply #8 on: September 28, 2007, 23:16:53 »
We had a row of them in the garden when I was a child. I always remember picking them and preferring the yellow to the red  :P :P :P
The Tuscan Beaneater

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal