Author Topic: Recomendations for long slim broad bean please!  (Read 827 times)

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
Recomendations for long slim broad bean please!
« on: September 14, 2007, 11:51:43 »
As the family are not too fussed about these wonderous beans ... thought I go for baby beans next year and ......

please myself !!  :o :o :o :o :o ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

there is nothing quite like Broad Beans and Bacon in a thicky creamy Parsley Sauces ...  ;)

To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
Re: Recomendations for long slim broad bean please!
« Reply #1 on: September 14, 2007, 18:54:27 »
hi again . I grew Aquadulce last year and they were great. they are  an overwintering variety
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: September 14, 2007, 19:18:43 »
I would go for both Masterpiece and/or Imperial Green Longpod.

Picked when young they can be steamed whole.  Left until the beans are larger, but not bigger than a finger nail they are so tender.  They are green beaned varieties, which I think are better tasting than the white beaned varieties.  As their names imply they have long pods full of lovely little beans.

valmarg

flowerlady

• Hectare
  • "Tug-o-Weeed!"
« Reply #3 on: September 27, 2007, 14:11:23 »
thanks valmarg ;D  think I will give the Imperial Green Longpod a whirl next year.
Not to be outdone Have also sown a load of aquis which will be nice and early and I can pick them tiny too. ;) :D

I was amazed that when I soaked them before planting just how huge the beasns got  :o can't leave them to get that size ... no sireeeee  ;D
To everything there is a season and a time to every purpose under heaven: a time to be born and time to die: a time to plant, and a time to pluck up what is planted.     Ecclesiastes, 3:1-2

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal