Author Topic: Goodbye Bobbie  (Read 2512 times)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
Goodbye Bobbie
« on: October 01, 2007, 19:19:20 »
A very sad day for us, we had to have our darling Bobbie(our Flatcoated Retriever) put to sleep. Some of you may remember a few years ago the long battle we had trying to find out what was the cause of his skin and coat problems. We finally found out what had caused this problem, but lately we have been told that he had bone cancer. He battled through it for some time but yesterday started to deteriorate and today he finally had to give in to the dreaded 'C'. Needless to say we are all devastated, but he has had a long and happy life and we have many good memories.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2007, 19:23:28 by Gardengirl »
Happy gardening all...........Pat

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Goodbye Bobbie
« Reply #1 on: October 01, 2007, 19:21:51 »
so sad when a loved pet has had enough, I'm sure you have lots of happy memories of bobbie, glad he had a long life  ..thinking of you  :(

debster

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: October 01, 2007, 19:45:53 »
http://www.petloss.com/poems/maingrp/rainbowb.htm

may he run free at rainbow bridge  :'(

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3 on: October 01, 2007, 19:53:34 »
That is so sad, but I'm glad he had a long happy life. He will leave a big hole in your lives, I'm sure.  :'( xx

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #4 on: October 01, 2007, 20:21:37 »
I'm so sorry to read your news and feel for you in your bereavement atm..certainly, Bobbie was a well-loved member of your family and will be sorely missed by you all. I hope that in time when the pain of his passing has lessened you'll be able to smile in remembrance at the good and fun times you've had together and then, if something strikes a chord, maybe plant something in your garden as a remembrance? But that's in the future....for now, tho, hugs to you and yours while you grieve...

:-* Lishka

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2007, 21:11:53 »
Really sorry for your loss GG.   Big hug. H x

glosterwomble

• Hectare
  • Gloucester - The South West
    • Fork it...a Gloucester allotment
« Reply #6 on: October 01, 2007, 21:59:11 »
They are so much more than pets, our little fellow is the main member of our family, I'm so sorry for your loss.
View my blog on returning a totally
 overgrown plot in Gloucester
 into a productive allotment ... http://fork-in-hell.blogspot.com/

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #7 on: October 01, 2007, 22:41:36 »
 :'(

Isn't it awful GG? My partners cat was put to sleep today, I know just what you are going through.

Every time this happens I think that I will never get another pet, then time passes...

;)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #8 on: October 01, 2007, 23:59:10 »
Pat, I am sorry to hear about Bobbie.  I remember the episode of his bad skin and how you battled to get him sorted.  It is truly awful losing a dog.  It is losing a member of your family.  Our friend had to have her Spaniel put to sleep last week.  She had 2 spaniels last year and Rosie was first to go and now Bella has gone.  Like you, she is devastated.  Bobbie has had a good life but that doesn't help your loss. 

:'( :'(

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: October 02, 2007, 09:29:47 »
Thank you so much everyone :)  It does help to 'talk' to friends, even though it is still very painful. I thought I would post a photo of Bobbie in his prime. Here he is sporting a very large rossette and his cup after winning Reserve Best in Show at a local dog show.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #10 on: October 02, 2007, 15:34:18 »
Really sorry to hear about Bobbie. What a great looking dog. Like any grieving I hope you will soon be able to think of all the good times and less of the heartache.
Lorna.

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #11 on: October 02, 2007, 21:30:01 »
I'm so so sorry to hear about your loss, It really is like loosing one of the family, my hearts with you .....

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #12 on: October 03, 2007, 14:57:08 »
Thank you Lorna & Biscombe :) Still very painful, but getting there slowly.

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #13 on: October 03, 2007, 15:09:11 »
I had a black mongrel called carly and had to make the decision when she was deaf ,blind and unable to stand . that was 6 years ago
warm (((((hugs )))))) to you. it,s a sad fact that sooner or later you have to lose them
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

Tora

• Hectare
  • Gravesend, Kent
« Reply #14 on: October 03, 2007, 15:50:01 »
I'm so very sorry for your loss. :'( I have a dog myself and he is like my son so I can imagine how terrible it must be for you. Sending you a big hug...
Run free beautiful Bobbie.

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #15 on: October 06, 2007, 09:28:49 »
Thank you marg & Tora for the messages. We are slowly getting there, although poor Busby is still sniffing around for Bobbie.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal