Produce > Ponds 'n' Stuff

Tall variegated Grass

(1/1)

Palustris:
Cannot remember the name off hand, but it is growing in one of our ponds and filling it. The roots are like tree roots and well anchored into the mud.
How the heck do we get it out? Don't want to puncture the liner and emptying would be very hard. It is 8 feet by 6 feet and at least 3 feet deep so lots of water. And no I did not plant the grass in it. The d.... stuff has migrated from the bog garden.

Muddy_Boots:
Oh dear, sounds quite a problem.  Beyond my pond experience, I'm afraid!  Sounds like you need Margaret for this one!  Did manage to take out my typhus before it had taken hold and gave it someone with a puddled pond but that's as far as my knowledge goes!  :-[

Best of luck

Kate

teresa:
Hi Eric
Wont the ducks eat it or are they fussy.
Think you may need to empty half the pond and go in with waders /wellies and with a knife cut at the roots.
Or other wise get some Koi on loan they eat anything the B.... .
Lets see if our Margaret comes up with a better idea. She is our expert.

MagpieDi:
Eric....in my modest sized pond , I grew it in a pot ....but it smashed through it after a couple of seasons!! Also had some at back of flower bed .......it's a beautiful coloured bamboo....not too tall ( 30" or so )......but a S*D to get rid of!!!!

Not much help to you , but I can give you it's name!!.........to curse!  ;)

Pleioblastus variegatus........at least that's the one I grew!!  ;D

Best of luck!!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version