Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 884170 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #3700 on: May 11, 2010, 19:10:13 »
Still building raised beds, and filling some. and getting blooming sunburned XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3701 on: May 11, 2010, 20:27:58 »
Been barrowing compost bags and canes from lottie shop..planting last lot of cabbages out..everything have to be netted these days.. ::), potted up more of my super pre-germinated extra special popcorn seeds ;D ;D ;D
Another lot of seeds came though postie...so yet another lot of squash seeds planted and in propagator ::)
My courgette was starting to get too big in GH so it is out now, planted in cosy warm compost bin in compost pocket with coldframe and plastic sheet cover over..should do well... ;D ;D..like underfloor heating..
And I still have half a carrierbag full of stuff to sow...I'll get there.. now that I have little bit more space in GH.. ::)

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #3702 on: May 11, 2010, 20:55:41 »
Just fleeced the young plants hardening off on the garden benches and table AGAIN! Earthed over my potatoes at the plot yesterday, and will light the greenhouse heater on in an hour or two.

The hawthorn flowers are still tight in their buds and not wanting to come out.

Ninny

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3703 on: May 11, 2010, 22:20:17 »
Dug up and re-positioned poles for bean support, with the help of a stool and a big hammer. Planted beans (seeds) So glad I made the effort otherwise I'd still be waiting 2 weeks hence ::) Did more digging, hope to finish tomorrow.
At home I managed to drop a tray of plants that were hardening off and had to re-plant the lot. Spent this evening titivating bits of wood to put together for raspberry supports. I'll be first in B&Q tomorrow for the stakes and some wire. (OAP day ;D) Pleeeze....no rain or babysitting.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2010, 22:21:59 by Emagggie »
Smile, it confuses people.

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #3704 on: May 12, 2010, 17:46:46 »
not our garden or the lottie, but in Highland Theological College garden at Dingwall!  Our middle son is janitor there and we often go up to the Highlands to visit.  This time it was moving daffodils that had finished flowering from the rose beds to the borders.  It was a beautiful warm sunny day. and the cherry and crab apple trees were amazing against the blue northern sky. It was quite hard to believe we drove through a blizzard to get here yesterday!

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #3705 on: May 12, 2010, 19:57:00 »
 After work, planted more sweetcorn and covered with netting and banked up the spuds, :)

brownowl23

• Acre
« Reply #3706 on: May 12, 2010, 21:17:24 »
I earthed up my spuds and did more digging

pookienoodle

• Half Acre
« Reply #3707 on: May 12, 2010, 21:28:43 »
Planted 2 whitecurrant bushes that where reduced to 10p each in wilkinsons,they look terrible but I am sure they will recover.
netted my strawberries as they are starting to pink up ;D

queenbee

• Acre
« Reply #3708 on: May 12, 2010, 22:14:40 »
Today I prepared the root vegetable plot, very late this year as the soil has only just warmed up here in the North of England. I have also been sowing some peas over the last couple of months in seed trays. I found several packets of old peas so I used these. I have just experienced the delightful taste of pea shoots. Forget lettuce. I have a friend who bought dried peas from the supermarket and uses these. Cost hardly anything! Sow every couple of weeks throughout the season and mixed with watercress, delicious.

Regards Queenbee.
Hi I'm from Heywood, Lancashire

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3709 on: May 13, 2010, 08:46:11 »
Yesterday I erected raspberry supports (3x2) and only whacked thumb once ::), and did more digging. I would dearly have loved to have finished it as I'm away next week. but had to retire sick. :( I've got the worst cold I've ever had.
Smile, it confuses people.

gaz2000

• Half Acre
« Reply #3710 on: May 14, 2010, 21:56:59 »
watered the greenhouse plants,thats all  :(

starting to feel better so should get some weeding and planting done after the weekend

sazhig

• Half Acre
« Reply #3711 on: May 15, 2010, 00:54:35 »
Earthed up the spuds in sacks on the patio and sowed some french beans.

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3712 on: May 15, 2010, 03:18:14 »
Still doing the raised beds but on the last batch now..planting might even start on Monday LOLXX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3713 on: May 15, 2010, 04:52:05 »
Finally got the toms and peppers out into the greenhouse (hope the forecast is right!). Potted up cabbage, broccoli, courgettes, squash, cerinthe and cosmos. I can see out of my kitchen window now!

meggzee

• Not So New ...
« Reply #3714 on: May 15, 2010, 07:30:34 »
Grrrrr... Blinkin' frost did for my beans. Despite covering them up. Did a bit of cheating and bought 24 off a smashing bloke who comes to town on a Friday for our plant and flower market. Just listening to the forecast on radio and they are still predicting possible frosts............. Can't remember frosts so late down here. >:(

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3715 on: May 15, 2010, 10:22:57 »
hoed the garlic, parsnip and onion beds this morning
You couldn't make it up!

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #3716 on: May 15, 2010, 17:40:24 »
Watered and weeded a little
(still trying to figure out which are the weeds and which are the crops ;p)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #3717 on: May 16, 2010, 13:22:25 »
Hoed the weedlings, planted out dwarf french beans, sowed sweetcorn and lettuce.

Alison x

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3718 on: May 16, 2010, 13:59:11 »
Continued with building the ramp for my garage, which will allow me to get the mower in and out better.
Potted on a load of toms for the garden, weeded over the patch and need to weed some more.
uncovered the beds to let more light and air across the plants growing in them.
More to do and time waits for no one.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #3719 on: May 16, 2010, 15:11:00 »
Today our allotment association had a 'Build for Wildlife' day at our site. We all built bird boxes and made insect homes and ate cake!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal