Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 884928 times)

elvis2003

• Hectare
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #3600 on: April 30, 2010, 12:17:57 »
(yesterday) i played happily in the greenhouse with the rain pattering on the roof..pricked out some celeriac that allaboutliverpool kindly gave me the other day,thanks! sowed some more chilli seeds,brassicas  and second lot of peas/beans as insurance against our unpredictable weather. walked about in the drizzle with my cup of tea admiring all the blossom and generally feeling very happy that we have our plot ! ;D
when the going gets tough,the tough go digging

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
« Reply #3601 on: April 30, 2010, 12:29:46 »
Weeded  :)
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3602 on: April 30, 2010, 15:43:17 »
The pea and bean sowing epic has started... 150 tall peas (Telephone) and about two hundred assorted beans in last night/early this morning, mostly climbing french of varieties that dry well plus some giant butter beans.  I'm about half-way through.... THe 6-to-a-half-tray modules arrived in the post today so there's a lot of squash to be sown and put into the heated propagators, plus there's a load of stuff to pot on from their first modules...... need to check the sunflower roots, it's growing like Audrey at the moment, it might need a bigger pot already....

chrisc

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3603 on: April 30, 2010, 16:06:29 »
Finally got the bean trench filled back in and the canes are up ready.
Must remeber to empty the freezer, so I can refill with all those lovely veggies that will be coming along. :P
More weeding to be done when the weather gives me a break.
I must also remeber to start to seperate the seedlings for the rest of the garden.
Plenty to do and more to think about.
Still must get on, as work needs to be done too.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #3604 on: April 30, 2010, 18:48:23 »
Almost to the end of digging it over,, buying wood today for raised beds XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Alimo

• Acre
« Reply #3605 on: April 30, 2010, 20:41:54 »
Saved a dear little blue tit from the greenhouse.

Alison

Poppy Mole

• Hectare
  • Petworth, West Sussex
« Reply #3606 on: April 30, 2010, 21:13:33 »
Dug another 4 black sacks of couch grass from the rockery

gp.girl

• Hectare
« Reply #3607 on: April 30, 2010, 21:15:56 »
Started dividing/propagating the mint in hanging baskets. One down, 5 to go 15 extra plants for the sale already ;D

Top dressed the big containers.

Watches a blackbird digging in one of the fern pots ???

A space? I need more plants......more plants? I need some space!!!!

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3608 on: April 30, 2010, 22:01:20 »
Sowed three X thirty foot rows of parsnips, one thirty foot row of peas, two four foot rows of Nantes 2, and two four foot rows of Nantes 5 carrots. Prepped a thirty x four foot bed ready for outdoor tomatoes  ;)
You couldn't make it up!

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3609 on: April 30, 2010, 22:25:38 »
Harvested a lot of White Sprouting Broccoli, planted three new 'Patriot' blueberry bushes OH got in Lidl today into buckets, and brought a tray full of peppers into the site greenhouse for the plant sale..... ;D 8)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #3610 on: May 01, 2010, 11:30:24 »
Planted fiftyfour caulies and one doz lettuce and covered with netting,now off for a pint, :)

tonybloke

• Hectare
  • Gorleston 0n sea, Norfolk
« Reply #3611 on: May 01, 2010, 20:18:07 »
planted another 30ft row of spuds (mayan gold & Kestrel) and 48 'snowball' onion sets. also direct sowed some 'enorma' runner beans.
You couldn't make it up!

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #3612 on: May 01, 2010, 22:35:35 »
Potted on my Queensland Blues and whispered to them "It's show time in September"  ;)

Ninny

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
« Reply #3613 on: May 02, 2010, 00:11:27 »
Dug more of plot 2. Loads more to go, need rain to soften the ground. Greenhouse heaving, stuff will be ready to go in as soon as I harden it off so I think I should be out there digging still with miners lamp attached to my head.
Smile, it confuses people.

chriscross1966

• Hectare
  • Visionhairy
« Reply #3614 on: May 02, 2010, 01:46:04 »
Finiished the pea and bean epic today... squash and sweetcorn will have to wait a week, the butterbeans need the propagators, and there's  20+ other varieties in there as well... finished up with 20 trays of beans, about 350 modules all told, prolly near a thousand seeds..... They 'll be twinning Swindon with Chicago by October...... Also did up three trays of beetroot (Moneta and Boltardy), salady stuff, herbscabbages, cauliflowers and Romansescu.... They're aa;; in th ekitchen on a load of staging, the windowsill adn the kitchjen table......

chrisc

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3615 on: May 02, 2010, 11:15:24 »
In the past few days I have planted Celery, lettuces and marigolds, all gifts from lottie neighbours.
Potted on squash and tommies.
Sowed a line of turnip.
Sowed carrots in my back garden.
 ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #3616 on: May 02, 2010, 11:31:09 »
Planted fiftyfive leek plants and was also given a tray of Celeriac from a lotty neighbour, :)

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3617 on: May 02, 2010, 11:47:47 »
It's chilly here this morning, so I did a load of pricking out and potting on; celery, green cauliflowers, melons, white cucumbers, also flowers; sunflowers, anchusa and agastache. I haven't got much to do at the plot today so might stay in the warm! ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3618 on: May 02, 2010, 13:35:30 »
Ohh soo cold here too....dog would not get up from bed ::)..and as I went to lottie I knew why....and can't blame her..not fit for anybody...
Spent an hour in GH doing some salvia and argyranthemum cuttings,,wrapped everything in cold GH in fleece and set paraffin heater for another..
Blimming mouse has had ago in my pea and sweetcorn pots >:(...provided some more snack for little Mickey... ;)

Sparkly

• Hectare
    • Flixton Band (Manchester)
« Reply #3619 on: May 02, 2010, 13:51:57 »
Earthed up all the spuds just incase the frost does come tonight. Also weeded a few beds. Need to finish potting up the bedding plant seedlings I have bought this afternoon. 200 of those.

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal