Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 885826 times)

Mortality

• Hectare
  • A Sandbloom from, A Tale in the Desert online game
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #3520 on: April 16, 2010, 14:45:29 »
Watered, put some old branches in for the peas to grow up, some onions are finally showing, not sure which type though since youngest removed the lables. ???
Washed out some old pots I found while clearing out the last of the garden rubbish, bonus !!
Please don't be offended by my nickname 'Mortality'
As to its history it was the name of a character I played in an online game called 'Everquest'
The character 'Mortality Rate' was a female Dark Elf Necromancer, the name seemed apt at the time and has been used alot by me over the years.

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #3521 on: April 16, 2010, 15:14:08 »
HAve been doing a lot of watering, things very dry.  Sowed lots of seeds last week and they are comstantly having to be kept moist.

GRACELAND

• Hectare
« Reply #3522 on: April 16, 2010, 15:16:52 »
cut lawn watered pots n tubs as very dry

dead headed daffs
i don't belive death is the end

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3523 on: April 16, 2010, 15:35:42 »
 :'( Our daffs are still in full flower

gaz2000

• Half Acre
« Reply #3524 on: April 16, 2010, 19:34:51 »
popped in after work to drop off some more compost,more seeds and slug pellets.payday and car equalls garden centre lately  ::)

gave the greenhouse a watering ......

also checked my potatoes havent came up yet, worried about frost

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3525 on: April 16, 2010, 22:19:08 »
I have been potting up some bedding, cuttings, toms..watering in greenhouses...topping up with some compost for my potatoes in buckets, planting some wild flowers in hedge bottoms..sorting out some tomato plants for surrogate growers( I cannot do it anymore on my own)... ::)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #3526 on: April 16, 2010, 22:53:06 »
planted some hebes that had seeded themselves into the gravel and spent the last few months in pots- that was at home.  Dug another half bed at the lottie-it's starting to look more like my Dad would have liked it- he loved tidy soil!

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #3527 on: April 17, 2010, 06:19:30 »
Wrapped and covered all tender and new plantings as there was a frost over night.
I didnt want to lose the new shoots on my fruit trees as they have showed themselves.
Watered in peas and broad beans, dead headed flowers.
potted on some little violas. I think they were minnie, free from T&M with other seeds. Eight in a packet but only three have grown into lovely little crackers.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
« Reply #3528 on: April 17, 2010, 13:01:04 »
Had a clean up round the church, found some nice old-fashioned violets which had self-seeded, and managed to rescue a bit. I've strained my back enough for one day so I'll give the plot a miss.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3529 on: April 17, 2010, 13:31:20 »
I've been delivering tomato plants this morning..potting up plugs..potted some pot leeks for pips..watering..re-organising greenhouses so I can have more in.. ::)..and now I'm having well earned coffee break and some time out of the sun..PHEWW..so hot...I wish it would be raining..... ::) ;D ;)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3530 on: April 17, 2010, 18:33:51 »
Sowed french beans,broccoli, cabbage and sunflowers in the greenhouse. Tidied up the garden and garage and shredded some bits.Planyed out some pansies.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #3531 on: April 18, 2010, 09:33:43 »
Sowed spring onion, peas and beetroot.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3532 on: April 18, 2010, 09:35:36 »
 :o I only got up...! ;D

Busy Bee

• Quarter Acre
  • Bexhill On Sea East Sussex
« Reply #3533 on: April 18, 2010, 14:48:42 »
Hurrah. I managed to do everything i wanted to during the school holidays. I've got all my spuds in (8 rows) carrots, onion sets, parsnips, strawberries in their nice new bed (so proud of myself lol). I got the asparagus bed built and ready to go but don't think i can get the 20 plants i orderd in there lol. I also managed to build some compost bins. There have been nights i couldn't sleep because my arms ached so much and my husband isn't thrilled by my newly developed muscles but i've loved every second of it.
Counting the days till the next holiday when i can spend all day plotting  :) :) :)

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #3534 on: April 18, 2010, 17:50:27 »
Worked on my front garden today. Cut down a hawthorn that was threatening to have someone's eye out and a phygelius that refuses to die but is definitely diseased. Then cut off the rusty bits on all the groundcover hypericum- back-breaking but nice to see it looking green rather than spotty brown! We were promised light rain but it didn't appear- hope we get a bit overnight so the digging at the plot is easier tomorrow.

goodlife

• Hectare
« Reply #3535 on: April 18, 2010, 17:59:03 »
After long and lazy morning I finally got myself into lottie...been potting up, taking cuttings, watering, weeding, pruning...lovely day.. ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #3536 on: April 18, 2010, 18:51:50 »
OH has spent a whole weekend re-doing a border... so inbetween moving sacks of compost and mulch, I pricked out @100 toms, 45 Marigolds, lettuce, Kale... potted some stuff on and generally moseyed around...  :)

gwynnethmary

• Hectare
  • Hartlepool
« Reply #3537 on: April 18, 2010, 19:43:00 »
did a bit more to the carrot/parsnip bed to get it a bit more tilth-like.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #3538 on: April 18, 2010, 21:27:21 »
Potted on the chillies and peppers in the greenhouse at home, started hardening off some peas, calendulas, leeks and banana shallots. Then went down the lottie, took some home made compost with me to top up a raised bed, then hoed everywhere, watered the carrots, spinach and salad onions that are staring to show now, and did a bit of general mooching around.... ;D
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Isleworth

• Half Acre
    • http://plot31a.blogspot.com/
« Reply #3539 on: April 18, 2010, 21:54:21 »
Planted up 4 hanging baskets... Then down to the plot to Feed/Water the hens, plant out the Pak Choi, and set seeds for: Chard (Rainbow and White), Lettuce, Spring Onion, Spinach, Carrots & Beetroot.

Then gave everything a good soaking along with the green house and all the plants that we are growing for the plant sale on the 16th May... Spent an hour or so talking to fellow plot holders and enjoyed a cold can of larger.

Home for dinner and the the back garden needed watering  :P

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal