Author Topic: What did you do in the garden today?  (Read 885760 times)

macmac

• Hectare
  • weston super mare
Re: What did you do in the garden today?
« Reply #2640 on: July 12, 2009, 23:43:56 »
picked peas ,courgettes, gave lovely gill sweet peas and a cucumber she gave us lovely fresh eggs mmm,picked french beans,radish generous friend gave us runner beans(ours aren't cropping yet.)caught up with friends....the joy of the lottie.had eggs for supper divine :) :) :)
sanity is overated

liefste

• Not So New ...
« Reply #2641 on: July 12, 2009, 23:54:35 »
Went to the lotty bout 4ish.. just wondered round in amazement at how beautiful my lemon sunflowers are and some zinnias that i bought from Holland. We cooked some of our courgettes and a steak on our little barby and had a couple of beers each. Prepared a bed for our cauliflower plug plants that will be going in the next couple of days.. If anyone likes scented flowers then sow some night scented phlox and you will be rewarded with an awesome candy smelling scent.. Then i got the step ladder out and picked a big bowl full of morello cherrys.. Made one pie last week and gonna make another pie tomorrow.. mmmmmm lurve cherry pie.. Came home about 9.30pm after a last smell of the phlox. :D :D

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #2642 on: July 13, 2009, 18:34:47 »
Watered Squash, celeriac, sweetcorn and beans.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #2643 on: July 13, 2009, 20:41:31 »
I am in heaven,
I have had for tea a garden full of the best.
Minicole cabbage, carrots, and wilja spuds. The only bit extra which had to be paid for is the chicken.
AHH fatted pig am I  ;D ;D ;D

Got them back now to put some tread on them

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2644 on: July 16, 2009, 19:20:26 »
planted out some lettuce where the peas came up, I've grown them a little bigger than usual, hope they're not slug-eaten when wigan in bloom judges come on tuesday  ;D
sowed some of the free seeds from kelloggs points, tuscan, californian and provence leaf mix..it'll be interesting to see what they are like  ;D
picked some of our beautiful sunburst cherries, first year, taste wonderful .
our mate, Steve told us we could have as many blackcurrants as we want so i have 4lb in the freezer, ready for jamming  ;D

Digeroo

• Hectare
  • Cotswolds - Gravel - Alkaline
« Reply #2645 on: July 16, 2009, 19:28:00 »
Went to the supermarket today.  No veg in the trolley ;D ;D ;D 

Though did buy some plastic tomatoes, wish mine would hurry up.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2646 on: July 17, 2009, 08:40:45 »
Started getting the old raspberry canes out and tying in the new ones.(only going to tie the strong canes in this year cos last year every cane got tied just in case). Sowed some Ambassador peas. Tied up the squash. Picked some Beetroot and Rhubarb.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2647 on: July 19, 2009, 20:13:23 »
what a satisfying weekend. we completely cleared all junk and weeds from second half of our plot and today collected, dismantled and replaced in new position on our lotti plot our new green house . ;D

landimad

• Hectare
  • Me wheels have gone again. Northants UK
« Reply #2648 on: July 19, 2009, 21:49:08 »
I could not get out there today had to sit and watch the rain pour down. :'(
Only got out there between the downpours to lift some carrots and pull a cabbage for dinner. Still there is always the shed with the wood to cut down for me garden bech that I am building.
Oh well hope tomorrow is better then Ican get on with the weeding.

Got them back now to put some tread on them

xlynettex

• Quarter Acre
« Reply #2649 on: July 20, 2009, 08:28:16 »
we ignored the weather and did it all in the rain. well in the down pours . we`r off on holiday on Friday so had to get it all done. we also had our full sunday lunch with all veg of our lotti yesterday, it was wonderful and so satisfying, can`t believe the size of my carrots  :o

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #2650 on: July 20, 2009, 16:56:47 »
got the plot sorted for the wigan in bloom judges tomorrow, picked the bent cucumber and left the tow perfectly straight ones on  ;D

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
« Reply #2651 on: July 21, 2009, 22:44:33 »
Good Luck for tomorrow, we didn't win a thing... not even a third or a special mention...  :-X

Picked some Jostaberries, raspberries, redcurrants. Courgettes and Kohl rabi... both of which we have just eaten for tea...  :)

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #2652 on: July 21, 2009, 23:06:55 »
 :) dug up more spuds (Nicola, fantastic),picked French beans (Cobra brill!),runner beans (Scarlett Emperor ditto)black courgettes,Plums,

Planted curly and flat leaf parsley and black nasturtiums, picked broad beans and podded them at the lottie.

planted Chocolate mint ( thank you Shirton ;D)

saved a few toads and bees (toads from the road, bees from the rain), watered greenhouses/ shades x
grow your own way

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #2653 on: July 22, 2009, 18:31:56 »
Picked some side shoots of broccoli. dug some spuds. Tied in some raspberry canes, weeded.broke the roots of the onions ready to lift at the weekend. Packed the green stuff up ready for the recycling wagon tomorrow. Picked me sweetpeas and all this whilst dodging the showers.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #2654 on: July 22, 2009, 19:11:00 »
Transplanted some Romanesco that one of the Italians gave me, dug up the rest of my onions and hung them in the shed and did some watering.  ;D ;D ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #2655 on: July 22, 2009, 20:25:26 »
I forgot to plant some cucumber plants that the Italian fella gave me, so I've just been back to plant them and I took the father in law with me to give it a good watering as I'm going up north for the weekend tomorrow. I harvested some beetroot, peas and springys and my mate Bart gave me a cuc and some beans.    ;D ;D ;D

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #2656 on: July 22, 2009, 20:52:15 »
 :) dug more lovely spuds,picked and podded more broad beans, picked courgettes, Alicante tomatoes, was given some blue cornflowers,

fed toms, aubergines and melons

picked 20lbs of plums/ shades x
grow your own way

steve76

• Acre
« Reply #2657 on: July 22, 2009, 21:37:48 »
Dug over some ground ready for my 2nd crop of runners and some jan king cabbage to go in tomorrow.
And picked runners,courgettes, primo,kale,carrots,beetroot,swede,broc AND cut my 1st cauli  ;D

Ninnyscrops.

• Hectare
  • downtoearth
« Reply #2658 on: July 22, 2009, 22:33:24 »
Not been up there today, but yesterday dug up more Marfona tats, picked first of the runners and more spinach for supper.

A fellow Sicilian plotholder took off tender shoots of a long courgette he is growing and told me to steam them, drizzle with olive oil and add a shake of salt and pepper. Now that's a first for us and they were really delicious. When I was looking at his crop they had grown at least 10 feet and all the fruits were growing along the ground and the shoots seemed to be just an extra part of the crop that were growing skywards. I'll try and find out the name of them.

Linda

Mr Smith

• Hectare
« Reply #2659 on: July 23, 2009, 15:40:45 »
Still picking carrots, beets, parsnips picked the last of the broad beans cleared the pea sticks and picked two lubbly marrows, :)

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal