Author Topic: Extension to school  (Read 2266 times)

Borlotti

• Hectare
  • Ryde
Extension to school
« on: November 12, 2012, 10:03:43 »
More school places are needed so Enfield Council have plans to build on some of the allotments, but they will provide allotments for the people that lose theirs. Not sure how they feel about that, but they may get a better deal.  It shouldn't really affect me apart from the noise of children playing which will be OK.  The work has to be completed by next September and the plans say a two storey building will be built and a car park.  For Kev who knows Enfield this is George Spicer School which is being extended.  There is quite a large amount of wasted land, ie brambles and enormous trees, so will be interesting to see if the big tree that overshades my allotment will go.  The garden of the old farm house, which is now let out by the Council, will be the site of the new allotments, think the house is listed building so don't really know what will happen (the tenants will have to rehoused, or lose their garden). 9 years ago when I got my allotment it was my secret paradise, but looks like things are changing.  Still must admit there is a lot of wasted land there, but did like all the blackberries and the wild life loved it.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal