Author Topic: They know, don't they.  (Read 1928 times)

ACE

• Hectare
They know, don't they.
« on: September 20, 2007, 21:05:40 »
Ever since Flynn was a small pup he used to go with my wife to an old lady who has altziemers. He guided her around the garden and was always sat by her and let her smooth him.

The doctor has given her just a few days to live and we have been out to see her, Flynn would not go in the house and has been a totally different dog, not his usual playful self.
Today I popped in and when he thought we were not looking, he went into her room and sat quietly by her bed and rested his head near hers and let out a big sigh.

I am sure he knows what is happening.

asbean

• Hectare
  • Winchester, Hants
Re: They know, don't they.
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2007, 21:56:42 »
Yes, they definitely do. My late OH had a cat that he had an unhealthy relationship with. He loved her more than me (and she knew it, the old baggage, she hated me as I was the "other woman"). She sat on his shoulder, shared his plate, slept on his pillow (he slept in the gap between the pillows, I slept on the edge of the bed).  The day he died was the last day she went into the bedroom.  I took her in once to see what she would do and she was out of there like a flash.  She disappeared into the bushes and pined, we managed to get her out and the vet said if she wanted to pine away she would, but he put her on HRT for cats, and that revived her and she then became a sort of family cat, though she still hated me, and survived another couple of years - to the grand old age of 18.
The Tuscan Beaneater

grawrc

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Edinburgh
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2007, 23:27:14 »
Yes I agree. Sophie was Peter's darling, her daughter Suzy is mine. Old Sophie has been utterly miserable since Peter died and is behaving in quite strange and unexpected ways. The night Peter died, in our bedroom, neither dog would go in there.

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2007, 18:54:35 »
I had quite a problem with Elsa after Charlie died (King Charles) she really was his dog and as he was confined to a wheelchair she spent lots of time with him. When I brought her home from the kennels after the funeral she ran round the house squeaking for half an hour and for 3 months every time we went shopping I would have to open the bedroom door on our return to show her he wasn't there.

angle shades

• Hectare
  • Lincoln,Lincolnshire
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2007, 19:35:55 »
when my grandma was dying of cancer and bedridden her dogs only left her when it was their food time,

the moment she died they came downstairs and wouldn't go up again,

we thought they would pine,but they came and lived with us .

In fact it was when one of the dogs died the other pined away and died/ shades x
grow your own way

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal