Author Topic: The Weather Thread  (Read 7158 times)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
Re: The Weather Thread
« Reply #60 on: January 16, 2008, 17:19:07 »
We are starting to get worried here in Hull now about the chance of flooding again, the villages adjacent to us have severe warnings, our school head had to leave today to see what was happening. The builders were there putting in new doors from the last floods(she is still not able to live in here house) they have sandbagged her, the water in  her garden which is on a slight slope  is about half way up to the house and the  ditches etc around her property are almost level with the ground. If the rain stops she may be OK but if it continues she will probably be flooded again. It seems to be about a 50/50 chance at the moment.

XX Jeannine
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #61 on: January 16, 2008, 17:33:25 »
what a sad state of affairs, will keep everything crossed  :-\

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #62 on: January 16, 2008, 17:34:36 »
Oh, Jeanine, I can't begin to imagine what you are all going through in Hull hoping it won't hapen all over again.
 I am sure we will all be willing it to stop raining so the water can start to go down.

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #63 on: January 16, 2008, 17:48:08 »
Eak, not good! Forcast for us is heavy rain now till sunday :( So i am sure that its going to continue to give people a few sleepless nights.

Sorry to hear about your school head Providing all is ok, suggest that she has a look at what amendments the builders can do to help prevent this affecting her as much next time such as non return valves and mabe look at putting up removable flood gates (http://www.floodcontrol.co.uk/flood-gate.htm).  Any risk to the school??

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2008, 16:56:44 »
Hows everyone? Still Dry??

There are some localised flooding here in cambridgeshire, nothing near me luckly but i do worry about some of you guys out here. Not sure what the weather is up to but the wind just kicked up here to almost gale force, the sky has gone black and you can see the clouds moving across the dark sky very quickly. In fact if i was out in it i think it might even be scary !

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #65 on: January 23, 2008, 21:28:01 »
It's been dry here all day today but was still pretty windy until a couple of hours ago.  Feels really mild - have spent the day in a t-shirt (indoors I might add, lol)  Not looking good for the next couple of days though.

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #66 on: January 24, 2008, 09:01:50 »
Took me an hour and a half for what is usually about 40 mins to get to work in York yesterday due to flooding.Bit of a pain but just glad it's not my house!

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #67 on: January 24, 2008, 09:38:07 »
Dry the last two days in Notts,so off down the plot to move some poo.

twinkletoes

• Hectare
« Reply #68 on: January 24, 2008, 10:00:22 »
Keeping my fingers crossed it'll stay dry the rest of this week in Dartford so I can get to the lottie over the weekend.  Mmmmmm got poo to move too!
Twinkletoes

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #69 on: January 24, 2008, 17:22:16 »
Meant to be sunny and dry here for the next few days.  ??? ???   :-\ :-\   ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

ACE

• Hectare
« Reply #70 on: January 24, 2008, 19:22:44 »
Tshirt weather here, It looks and feels like the start of spring, Daffs in bud , camelias blooming, even a few rhodies showing a bit of colour.  Hebes never stopped anyway,  the ceanothus has a blue shadow but it could stay in half bud for months.

Better start looking for my shorts.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #71 on: January 24, 2008, 20:08:57 »
our hebe's still flowering here in the 'sunny' north west as well..wouldn't you know it, couldn't get there today and it's been lovely all day..never mind, weekend jobs, the lads are getting a small digger so I'm referee to stop them fighting over who's gonna use it  ;D

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #72 on: January 24, 2008, 20:09:47 »
Ahhh   :o  the thought of Aces legs. :-[  :'(  :-*      ;D ;D ;D

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #73 on: January 24, 2008, 21:52:11 »
Ahhh   :o  the thought of Aces legs. :-[  :'(  :-*      ;D ;D ;D
I'd Rather not. :o :o :o

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #74 on: January 31, 2008, 17:01:29 »
Its been one hell of a day here, I expect some more of you have had the same.   Blizzard conditions for a wee while, then sun, then gales again and so on.  I believe there was some very high winds during the night as well.  I didn't hear them but folk who can hear better did   ;D ;D.    Think we have to expect more of the same tomorrow.  Roll on spring.

cambourne7

• Hectare
« Reply #75 on: January 31, 2008, 17:38:36 »
we have had the high winds, heavy rain & hail then about 2pm it all stopped. Been out and filled up the freezer and got milk etc in just in time for the high winds to pop up again. Its 4 degrees outside but feels much much colder.

cornykev

• Hectare
« Reply #76 on: January 31, 2008, 20:19:32 »
Same here Very high winds and absolutely cat an dogged it down until about 1 ish. :'( :'( :( :( :(        ;D ;D ;D

SamLouise

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
« Reply #77 on: February 01, 2008, 13:49:28 »
Bright sunshine, clear skies today. Bloody freeeeeeeezing though.

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #78 on: February 01, 2008, 13:54:01 »
Been one hell of a morning with blizzards blowing since 9.  Its eased off a bit now but believe this weather is now moving south, so watch out the Midlands and Lincolnshire. 

:-\l

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal