Author Topic: BBC Gardeners' World sweet pea seed giveaway  (Read 14281 times)

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
Re: BBC Gardeners' World sweet pea seed giveaway
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2007, 11:04:43 »
Agreed re the camera work last week. It was plain annoying. Why do we need to see different views of the presenters presenting? Why do we need to go into blurred vision? Had to do a double take at my wine bottle! The only thing I would have liked to have seen in a long shot were those asters in Monty's pick of the week, so we could see how they looked in the border...but they blurred those too didn't they?

Kea

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: October 04, 2007, 12:27:50 »
When they did the climate change thing with the tulips I would have liked to have taken part but couldn't get the right tulip. The next year I thought they might have given us a planting date again for those that missed out but they didn't.

Obelixx

• Hectare
  • Vendée, France
« Reply #22 on: October 04, 2007, 17:10:16 »
We've also had a constructive moan about the lack of follow ups in GW and this has led to the new feature where we see bits of the garden taht are doing well but it is true the global warming tulip experiment has dropped off their radar and the alpine house and beds seem to have disappeared too.  I don't recall any proper follow up of the slug trials a couple of years ago either.

Anyway, if you want the programme to improve, you need to post comments on the Beeb TV boards because they are actually read by Monty and Alice (?) the head gardener at Berryfields and we occasionally get feedback..

I agree about those asters.  They should have been shown in context as well as close up.  After Monty's eulogy on GW I was actually tempted to buy some for part of my garden but when I saw them close up at the market on Wednesday I realised I really do dislike them still so bought some stokesia instead - similar colour but much more attractive and no mildew.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2007, 17:13:00 by Obbelix »
Obxx - Vendée France

Baaaaaaaa

• Acre
  • Life's a treat for those who bleat.
« Reply #23 on: October 04, 2007, 20:02:57 »
When they did the climate change thing with the tulips ... have given us a planting date again ....

'Twas Bonfire night.

(With all the PC stuff  these days are we still allowed to set fire to Catholic protesters from 1605  & with all the environmentalists - are we still allowed to burn stuff that could have gone int the recycle bin ?)
Maximus, Procerus, Vegetus

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #24 on: October 05, 2007, 00:22:39 »
SteveJ,

I got my seeds today - a whopping 5 seeds of the 'Monty Don' variety, 

Still, I'm not gonna complain as I seem to be one of the lucky ones.......

Not so lucky if you've paid £3.80 for five seeds!

http://www.rpsweetpeas.co.uk/Monty%20Don.htm

Check it out - it clearly says a minimum of 10 seeds

:'(
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #25 on: October 05, 2007, 16:37:00 »
maybe they split the amounts to try and share to more people???

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #26 on: October 05, 2007, 18:05:11 »
They divided the amounts but still took the same money for each set of seeds. Trades description might have some say about that  :o
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

SteveJ

• Half Acre
  • Perth, Scotland
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2007, 15:10:44 »
Amazin,
The packs sent out were not the commercial packs, but specially prepared packs for the GW giveaway.  which I guess is the reason they contained 5 seeds instead of the 'minimum 10 seeds'. 

They even had a disclaimer on the back absolving the BBC from any responsibility for the seeds, fair enough I guess, although I would have been slightly concerned about if I had paid £3.80 for them!

Steve

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #28 on: October 09, 2007, 01:09:07 »
Ah, that explains it then. Phew! I'll sleep better now (potential loss of dosh always makes me nervous).

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal