Author Topic: Veg Plant Sale  (Read 2187 times)

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
Veg Plant Sale
« on: August 29, 2007, 10:07:38 »
I have just ordered Suttons winter Brassica collection of 75 plants for £10.95.( You can also order just 50 too for £9ish)
It works out 15p per plant. The lady on the other end of the phone assured me that they have a glut of plants as they all germinated better than expected.
Just thought I would share this with you.

http://www.suttons.co.uk/pd_200477_Brassica_Veg_Collection_75.htm

Brassica Winter Veg Collection 
Delicious winter veg from just 15p per plant!
Our Winter Veg collection of 50 plants already represents great value - and now we've added an extra 50% free, meaning that you now pay less than 15p per plant! Get some of the first vegetables from the garden in the New Year and Cabbage Excel will begin to provide tender greens well before that - most likely as soon as November.
Collection comprises 75 plants (15 of each variety): Sprouting Broccoli Late White - Gives a succession of tender white shoots from mid March; Sprouting Broccoli Claret - Produces extra late large purple spears from early April; Cabbage Excel - Very versatile cabbage that will form tasty pointed hearts in early spring but can be cut as leaves in autumn if needed; Cabbage Spring Hero - Hardy ball headed Cabbage that will mature into solid heads from early May; Cauliflower Mayflower - Overwinter Cauliflower with high quality curds for cutting in April.

Lauren  :)
:) Net It Or You Won't Get It  :)

emmak

• Not So New ...
Re: Veg Plant Sale
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2007, 21:57:56 »
I think theyve all gone  :(

redimp

• Hectare
  • Colonia Domitiana Lindensium, Flavia Caesariensis
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2007, 23:54:20 »
Sounds identical to the Dobies collection that I bought (that have also all gone - wonder why that is ::)) last week - it too was 15 plants each of exactly the same selection.  Their websites look quite similar too.
Lotty @ Lincoln (Lat:53.24, Long:-0.52, HASL:30m)

http://www.abicabeauty

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2007, 21:03:45 »
Suttons and Dobies are both situated in the same road if not in the same buildings in Paignton.
My husband works just 1 minute down the road from the site.

Lauren  ;D

tricia

• Hectare
  • Torbay, Devon
« Reply #4 on: September 02, 2007, 23:42:57 »
But that is only an office. Their distribution plant is somewhere else. I live in Paignton and went there once hoping to pick up some seeds, but had to order online.

Tricia

Lauren S

• Hectare
  • Delightful Devon
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 22:56:58 »
I think they have some test fields around the area, but mostly just a huge admin building.

Lauren  :)

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal