Author Topic: Mishka  (Read 2120 times)

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Mishka
« on: July 28, 2007, 22:56:32 »
Have been busy with the camera and have at last taken a picture of our other cat, Mishka. A rescue cat from the RSPCA, who when she arrived was frightened of men - we think she had been shouted at and been kicked going on her reactions to the men in the house. She also had damaged her tongue in the past - but it doesn't stop her eating - in fact she has had to be on a diet!!!!!!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
Re: Mishka
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 22:58:17 »
Sorry - photo this time!!!!!!

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2007, 23:04:54 »
Awwwwww poppet! Give her a stroke from mad about cats Biscombe  ;D

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2007, 23:11:44 »
She is a cracker and definitely not camera shy :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2007, 19:05:50 »
Looks like a lovely soft coat, how lucky for her to get somewhere she's loved.

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #5 on: September 03, 2007, 11:12:40 »
Sorry to be late in on this one: had to laugh as our cat's name is pronounced Mishka too (though the spelling's a bit different!)

In Polish, Myszka means "little mouse" (Mys being mouse) and so if you ever look for Beatrix Potter translations, Mrs. Tittlemouse (littlemouse) becomes Myszka :-)

Ours was named by a Polish friend, as she squeaked rather than miaowed as a kitten (and it's still a very high-pitched miaow after 14 years...)

:-)

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #6 on: September 03, 2007, 22:26:58 »
We chose the name Mishka, just because we liked it. My sister in law [who is slovakian] brought her mother to see us and she introduced the cats - and her mother asked why we called our cat 'little mouse'!!  Funnily enough Mishka doesn't really miaow, but she does squeak - amazing how we managed to give her the correct name without knowing its meaning!

moonbells

• Hectare
  • Growing up
    • Moonbells' allotment diary
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2007, 11:29:10 »
My husband has the theory that if you don't rush into naming a cat, they'll name themselves after a while...

moonbells
Diary of my Chilterns lottie (NEW LOCATION!): http://www.moonbells.com/allotment/allotment.html

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal