Author Topic: Confusion over display of email address....  (Read 27141 times)

Admin aka Dan

• Administrator
  • Hectare
    • Allotments 4 All
Confusion over display of email address....
« on: August 28, 2007, 09:41:17 »
Hi All,

Due to confusion from many people over the display of email addresses I have made a change to the forum ....

Previously you could see your own email address, even if you had checked the hide button in your profile, no one but you and moderators could see your email address, but a couple of people a week ask the question, is my email address hidden.

I have now changed the forum so that even you can not see your email address if you choose to hide it!

Hopefully that will clarify matters.

Any questions please let me know.

Dan

daileg

• Hectare
Re: Confusion over display of email address....
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2008, 18:12:50 »
i recently recieved an email from somone i forget at the moment as im in work but they sent me an email warning me it was clear for everyone to see i have since then gone to my profile to hide delete it  whatever hope this would of cleared this matter up thanks anyhow

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #2 on: May 16, 2008, 22:39:37 »
Hello Dan I have rather stupidly posted my email address in a message on the where is your allotment south east region thread
 :-[
Please could you erase it for me. Thank you

silly billy

• Acre
« Reply #3 on: May 16, 2008, 22:41:47 »
Crystalmoon you should be able to do it yourself if you go to your post you can click on the modify button and erase any of the post you wish.
My idea was to build Liverpool into a bastion of invincibility. Napoleon had that idea. He wanted to conquer the bloody world. I wanted Liverpool to be untouchable. My idea was to build Liverpool up and up until eventually everyone would have to submit and give in. Bill Shankly.

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2008, 22:44:30 »
Oh my word how blind am I  :o
 :D

Just tried it & theres no modify button so guess you only get to modify very recent messages
« Last Edit: May 16, 2008, 22:46:32 by Crystalmoon »

Uncle Joshua

• Hectare
    • nikkershaw.net
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2008, 22:56:46 »
I was going to suggest modifying her post but noticed the button had gone.

willebee

• Not So New ...
  • Pumpkins anyone?
« Reply #6 on: May 26, 2008, 11:36:43 »
Hi. It might be useful to use a "sacrificial" email address as I do. There are plenty of free e-mail sites on the net just Google "free email". I can then choose who to give the address to and consequently only get e-mails from that source, makes it very easy to get rid of the bad ones. Just forward the good ones to your current email and then clear the inbox.
Nothing ventured etc!!!!!

Crystalmoon

• Hectare
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2008, 19:34:54 »
Thats a great idea thanks  ;D

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal