Author Topic: Section 8 Applicarions to sell land  (Read 1820 times)

adamreith

• Not So New ...
Section 8 Applicarions to sell land
« on: August 24, 2007, 10:17:30 »
There are currently 9 applications under consideration for the sale of statutory allotment land.  Modern allotments of course involve a wide range of groups and organisations - conservation and bio-diversity interests, gardening clubs, schools, community groups, social support arrangements as well as planning provisions for allotments required under local planning schemes and urban green space and recreational facilities.( Planning policy note 17). So if you know of anyone who might be interested in using this land and perhaps not informed of its proposed sale it would be a kindness to alert them to that proposed sale.  To succeed in selling it seems the Local Authority should have advertised the vacant plots widely and had three years nil or poor response, and/or be replacing the Field with land within a mile (among other provisions).  The land should according to Government guidelines have been purchased for allotment use or have been so used for a long period of time. Objections  need to go in quickly, with proposed uses and plot applications perhaps.  The sale value should - according to barrister's advice - go to buying replacement allotment  land where demand exists.

The sites (with the regional government office dealing with it, are: -

Government Office   Local Authority   Site Name
East   Cambridege
   Elmfield Close
"   Norfolk CC   ThetfoThetford Railway
"   Breckland   Shoulder of Mutton
"   Breckland   Days Field
"      Land in Beccles
North East   Derwenstshire   Stobilee, Langley Park, Durham
South East   West Sussex RC   Storrington
South East   New Romney   Kent CC
East Midlands   Bolsover   Longlands & Oxcroft Lane
East Midlands   South Holland   Hop Yard Field, Whaplode
Yorkshire & Humberside   City of Bradford Metropolitan District Council UA   Scotchman Road allotments
"   Kirkless UA   Park Parade Allotments, Dewsbury
North West   Manchester UA   Edge Lane, Manchester
South West   Torridge DC   Bideford Town Council
"   Rochdale UA   Hollin Lane/Rochdale Road, Middtn
London   Ealing   South Acton Estate

Helpful suggestions might be had by contacting: -

http://www.allotmentssouthwest.ik.com ;)

Good luck!

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Section 8 Applicarions to sell land
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2007, 11:06:21 »
Thanks for the link, Adam.

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2007, 13:21:54 »
Yes, thanks for that Adam, both of the sites listed as North East are close to my area (although thankfully not the one's we run). 

I'll put the word around that this is being proposed to see if people want to object.

Thanks again :)
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

missbabs

« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2007, 12:45:24 »
I am on one of these sites and we're fighting the land grab with the help of NSALG

Government policy is to keep allotments but it didn't matter when it came to Manor Gardens did it  >:(

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal