Author Topic: Introducing kitten Coco with a slightly 'smelly' problem  (Read 1914 times)

cocopops

• Acre
Introducing kitten Coco with a slightly 'smelly' problem
« on: August 23, 2007, 19:30:28 »
Here is Coco our 12 week old kitten.  She is a companion to Mosey (16 weeks), and 12 year old Lulu. 

She is absolutely adorable except for her rather noxious wind.  It would be funny except that it happens all the time, especially when she is being fussed.  We cannot ventilate adequately the house as she is a bit of an escape artist, and is far to small to be let out.  She is a constant suckler, Moseys ears are bald behind where she keeps sucking on them.  I wonder if she is swallowing too much air.  I have tried dried food, then kitten meat, cat meat, fish and now another brand of dried kitten food.

Any help would be greatfully appreciated.

Emagggie

• Hectare
  • Out to lunch.
Re: Introducing kitten Coco with a slightly 'smelly' problem
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2007, 19:38:53 »
Not got an answer to the problem dandylion, but I'd forgive her anything. ;D
Smile, it confuses people.

kitten

• Hectare
  • Lincolnshire
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2007, 19:41:18 »
OMG she is the cutest  :o  ;D  ;D

Do you mind me asking where you got her from?  I'm wondering if perhaps she's not fully weaned if she keeps trying to suckle?  We got Polly at 12 weeks, and she didn't do it at all as I recall.  She's so cute though, you'd have to let her off  ;)

I'm sure somebody much more knowledgable will come along shortly, but just wanted to offer my twopenneth...
Don't cry because it's over, smile because it happened

katynewbie

• Hectare
  • Manchester
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2007, 19:53:20 »
 ;D

She is gorgeous! What is she eating at the moment? Maybe we can diagnose the problem from what her current diet is!

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2007, 19:54:22 »
We had her off a local farmer who lives next door to some friends of ours.  As soon as they knew his cat was pregnant they asked us if we wanted one.  We said that we would have a girl.  As things are here, he 'disposed' of the rest of the litter and kept her for us.  

The first time we saw her was aged eight weeks when the farmer had managed to catch her in the barn, and my friend bought her over.  She was really wild for the first few weeks, but a total baby (and the boss) now.  I have just found a picture of her when she first arrived and was introduced to Mosey (her surrogate mummy).

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2007, 19:59:46 »
Coco, like Mosey started off on Coshida dried food for kittens.  We then tried a home brand (similar to Asda) pate which our older cat eats.  As there was no improvement my husband tried tuna and pikchards (yuk).  Now she is on Whiskas complete kitten food.  She is not having milk, or anything containing lactose.

I love her to bits but I knew she had entered the room when I was typing this!!

Emm P

• Half Acre
    • Living History
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2007, 17:19:54 »
Go to this site - http://www.doineeda.co.uk/ - and ask the vet. He is very helpful.
No outfit is complete - without dog hairs!!!

Tin Shed

• Hectare
  • South Essex
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2007, 23:12:16 »
One of our cats had the a similar problem when we first got her, and when she used the cat litter we all had to leave the room - in fact one day she went and scrapped in the litter and the other cat immediately left the room and went to sit at the far end of the hall!! In the end it settled down - we put it down to a change of diet and surroundings [she was very very nervous] However she was about 4 yrs old so I am not sure about kittens.

cocopops

• Acre
« Reply #8 on: August 27, 2007, 19:30:15 »
Thank you for all the advice.  The smells have got better on the last batch of food, just the occasional wiff thank goodness.. Emm will definately look at that site, sounds like a good source of info :)

Miss Fenella

• Not So New ...
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2007, 23:14:15 »
Our cat could clear a room when I 1st new him.  Since adopting him we feed him on Purina 'One' dried food.  No more tears!!  ;D

His previous owner fed him on wet food - and I can always tell if he has been out on a 'buffet' run down the street!  :o
the dandelion clocks won't strike......

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal