Author Topic: Wilkies arches  (Read 5369 times)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
Re: Wilkies arches
« Reply #20 on: August 08, 2007, 10:53:02 »
I bought five through the website last week but you're right, they don't seem to be there any more. May still be some in the shops.

shirlton

• Hectare
  • west midlands
« Reply #21 on: August 08, 2007, 18:47:23 »
Quite a bit of gardening stuff has been taken off the web site and out of the stores to make room for the Christmas stuff. (what a liberty). We wanted some wire mesh and we couldn't get it online but they had 2 rolls left in the shop. They also had loads of arches.We have used them in the garden to grow roses. and Tony has used the top halves to make cloches to hold the enviromesh. he is going to spen the winter fathoming out how to use the bits that are left over.
When I get old I don't want people thinking
                      "What a sweet little old lady"........
                             I want em saying
                    "Oh Crap! Whats she up to now ?"

Amazin

• Hectare
  • N W London
« Reply #22 on: August 08, 2007, 22:16:39 »
That's exactly what I want to do with mine! Use the tops as cloche frames for protection, then later (i.e. next year) to use them at full height as support frames for melon/squash etc. Yours look great!

;D
Lesson for life:
1. Breathe in     2. Breathe out     3. Repeat

Hyacinth

• Hectare
  • I love Allotments 4 All
« Reply #23 on: August 09, 2007, 08:16:45 »
first off...our nearest Wilko's and their lack of bargains this year...seems to have been a deliberate policy...they sold their more limited stock at full price earlier on in the year and didn't replace when the stock was sold....so no bargains and the sight of those stoopid replacement food aisles is almost enough to turn me anorexic :o

I've used  spare rods Shirl as mini-cloches for seedlings,  using a pack of cheapo balls I got at a Pound shop for the joints 8)

Barnowl

• Hectare
  • getting back to my roots [SW London]
« Reply #24 on: August 09, 2007, 12:35:50 »
Great "jungle" Shirlton - like the cloche as well.

wolflike

• Not So New ...
  • My cat hiding
    • Wolflike
« Reply #25 on: August 18, 2007, 16:33:09 »
I can't believe my luck.

For all those living in the Derby area that want some of these arches, I just picked six up from the Allestree branch for just £2.24.

Loads of other stuff as well but could only carry six of them so I am going back tomorrow for some more. They had loads on sale.
 ;D ;D ;D
The best thing about growing your own is knowing that somebody didn't get chain ganged into picking it!

Blogging away at www.wolflike.co.uk

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #26 on: August 18, 2007, 17:16:57 »
Whereabouts in the shop! I went to that branch earlier in the week and didn't see any of them! Curses......I'm on nights until tomorrow.... >:(
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

wolflike

• Not So New ...
  • My cat hiding
    • Wolflike
« Reply #27 on: August 18, 2007, 17:36:06 »
They are on normal show with the rest of the garden stuff. They also had some of those pointy things that you grow roses up. They are priced up at £2.99 but also have a sticker on saying 25% off marked price.
The best thing about growing your own is knowing that somebody didn't get chain ganged into picking it!

Blogging away at www.wolflike.co.uk

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal