Author Topic: Open day  (Read 2947 times)

cazy

• Acre
Open day
« on: July 30, 2007, 11:33:14 »
We are holding our annual oped day on Sunday, 12th Aug.

The site is in Northampton on Mereway.  Beer tent, food tent, barbie, stalls and side shows.  Lots of silly competitions, best scare crow, plot number, best lottie and more.

I would love to meet and welcome any a4a members that can make it.

got a lottie got a life

saddad

• Hectare
  • Derby, Derbyshire (Strange, but true!)
Re: Open day
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 13:43:52 »
Rats had you posted yesterday... we invited friends down for the weekend last night!
 >:(

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 14:17:24 »
Bring them with you.  ;D  Long drive though saddad.
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 14:21:25 by cazy »
got a lottie got a life

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2007, 17:09:52 »
Nah... about an hour to 1 1/2... Might just do that, he is into gardening and the littleone will love the scarecrows... and we are all on Hols on Monday as well so no rush to get back... Having read your post again Mereway is in Northampton.. I was looking around. Can you post a postcode so we can pinpoint the site!
 ;D

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 17:50:18 »
That's really really great saddad.   

It's not a very big site but there will be other kids there too, and when you get fed up I can point you in the direction of other nice places to go.

Not sure about the site post code, the first bit will be, NN4, but I will find out and let you have it in full.  It's dead easy to find though, all main roads.

I know quizzical will be there, and there are at least three other a4a members who are local, hope they come too.
got a lottie got a life

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 19:19:11 »
I certainly will try to get their cazy (with me crutches and chair in tow)and maybe even the missus and mum and dad....who knows?
What's the parking like around there? Would I have to park in Tesco's and cross the road?
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 20:51:44 »
You should be able to park on the site or in the lay-by where the entrance is.  It's well signposted.

Look forward to meeting you, and the misses and mum and dad and Mr Who Knows.   ;D
got a lottie got a life

emcabs

« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2007, 09:24:39 »
hi all re. open day Mereway we are open from 11AM to 3PM Sunday 12 August come along and meet us all including 'crazy' for yourselves!! on the A45 (off tescos roundabout) dual carriageway in layby next to school. hope to see you there
emcabs

saddad

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2007, 10:29:24 »
Probably not going to be able to make it, although he works in schools he is in work Mon. am.. Hope it goes really well. Do like the look of those scarecrows!
 :)

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2007, 21:01:02 »
Open day went really really well, thoroughly enjoyed ourselves.  A few pics of the other a4a members on our site.

1  emcab, on the right.
2  spider, on the right.
3  best plot number sign.
4  Proud owner showing off her two medals and one of the two bottles of wine she one, me  ;D
Scarey crow came first.
got a lottie got a life

flossie

• Hectare
  • Lincoln
« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2007, 21:10:51 »
Lovely pictures, looks like you had a great day, would love to have come and had a look around...

quizzical1

• Acre
  • Ceanothus in Northampton
    • My allotment and other garden related things
« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2007, 22:25:55 »
Sorry I didn't make it after all cazy. I forgot the family all came back off holiday yesterday and had invited themselves to dinner today (dinner for 12 ). Spent the day preparing veg etc..
Grow your own and enjoy the fruits of your labours,
Regards Alan.

http://achalmers-quizzical1.blogspot.com/

lorna

• Hectare
  • March. Cambridgeshire
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2007, 23:15:06 »
Great pics. glad all went well and you had good weather. Congratulations.

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #13 on: August 13, 2007, 15:42:22 »
so glad it went well, and the weather stayed nice for you  ;D

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #14 on: August 14, 2007, 21:58:40 »
Hi Cazy,I was the one pushing the beautiful woman in the wheelchair.Would liked to have stayed longer but as you know our grandaughter "needed to go"!
Which actually brings a question to mind,If you spend all day on a lottie & need to go,do you use the compost heap?! ;)

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #15 on: August 15, 2007, 00:36:54 »
So glad to hear from you, was really good to meet other a4a members on Sunday.

I am useless when it comes to names, the ones we use on a web site anyway, but I remember you both, and your little granddaughter, "we have a bowl in the car".  ;)

Wasn't sure if she was your granddaughter or your daughter.  No joking.  I had my second son a bit late, thirty seven, and wasn't sure if she was yours.

I suffer from osteoarthritis and have to use a wheelchair too sometimes, but that doesn't mean we can't have a lottie.  On open day the secretary said "what have you done to your leg, you are limping."  I said I have osteoarthritis, she said, "that's why your are always on your bum".  If it works... 

Bucket and chuck it, good for the compost.  Trouble is, our plot being where it is everybody knows where we are going.  They chant "we know where your going" when ever we have a bit of a do, like last Sunday. 

Don't tell her, your lady, but she looks too young to have a grandchild that old.  Keep in touch, Carol.
got a lottie got a life

bluebedouin

• Quarter Acre
    • The Friendliest Auction Site On Earth !
« Reply #16 on: August 15, 2007, 19:50:55 »
So glad to hear from you, was really good to meet other a4a members on Sunday.

I am useless when it comes to names, the ones we use on a web site anyway, but I remember you both, and your little granddaughter, "we have a bowl in the car".  ;)

Wasn't sure if she was your granddaughter or your daughter.  No joking.  I had my second son a bit late, thirty seven, and wasn't sure if she was yours.

I suffer from osteoarthritis and have to use a wheelchair too sometimes, but that doesn't mean we can't have a lottie.  On open day the secretary said "what have you done to your leg, you are limping."  I said I have osteoarthritis, she said, "that's why your are always on your bum".  If it works... 

Bucket and chuck it, good for the compost.  Trouble is, our plot being where it is everybody knows where we are going.  They chant "we know where your going" when ever we have a bit of a do, like last Sunday. 

Don't tell her, your lady, but she looks too young to have a grandchild that old.  Keep in touch, Carol.
*It was one of the hospital sick bowls (unused from a previous visit with sick daughter)she almost filled it bless her!
*Sorry,had to tell her! She said thank you.Actually we have 8 grandchildren,the eldest is 11 on Saturday.

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #17 on: August 15, 2007, 21:06:51 »
Sounds like we missed a good un.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal