Author Topic: Any chance of some rain please?  (Read 12438 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re:Any chance of some rain please?
« Reply #40 on: June 20, 2004, 18:45:15 »
Ha ha left the sprinkler on all yesterday and surprise surprise .. it rained all night.. Hey maybe thats the answer.  The rain needs water to attract it :D

Nah Mimi that wont work. Have tried it twice in the last 24 hours - no go.

Gave everything a good soak last night in the hope of getting rain - nothing. Again today it was trying to rain whilst I was watering some new plants in and THAT didnt work either. Seemed to scare the rain of if any thing ::)

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #41 on: June 20, 2004, 18:56:50 »
Well Oz, your rain dust has certainly reached us today - it has bucketed down :o  Hope to see a vast improvement in my poor little parched plants now :-\
Happy gardening all...........Pat

legless

• Hectare
  • Cheltenham, UK
« Reply #42 on: June 20, 2004, 20:40:35 »
and i thought i had all teh rain yesterday in a valley in lancashire where i was trying to photograph a wedding!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #43 on: June 21, 2004, 09:22:31 »
Hooray, hooray it rained properly yesterday!

I did the rain dance - known as laying out some soil to dry so it can be sieved and less than an hour later it started spitting. I carried on (sieving compost - lots of sieving yesterday!) and then it started tipping down. Later (on the way home from riding) it CHUCKED it down. No plant watering; the pond was refilled!  ;D
gone to pot :D

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #44 on: June 21, 2004, 11:12:11 »
Hooray, hooray it rained properly yesterday!

I did the rain dance - known as laying out some soil to dry so it can be sieved and less than an hour later it started spitting. I carried on (sieving compost - lots of sieving yesterday!) and then it started tipping down. Later (on the way home from riding) it CHUCKED it down. No plant watering; the pond was refilled!  ;D

Lucky you Aqui.

Tell me why were you having to DRY soil on purpose. Surely it was dry enough already. Mine certainly is!

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2004, 11:24:54 »
Richard - it was the leftovers from digging the pond. It'd been stored in a compost bag so the bottom half was still very wet - wet clay soil - so impossible to sieve.

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2004, 11:32:58 »
Was this to make your famous ( ;)?) compost mix then Aqui?

Hence the need to seive i suppose   :)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2004, 11:41:46 »
Indeedy it was Richard (and for earthing up the spuds). It's so stoney, it has to be done! (and then we get more pebbles to go in the pond!)

derbex

• Hectare
  • I've come about the reaping
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2004, 13:14:22 »
 Maybe we'll be getting more than we want :

Transmitted by the Met Office at 08:55 on Monday 21 June

The Met Office is still expecting a deepening depression to sweep northeastwards across England on Wednesday, bringing a period of wet and windy weather. There will be a spell of prolonged rain, leading to 20-40mm in places, locally 60mm, however, at this stage, rainfall accumulations are not expected to lead to widespread disruption.

Jeremy

Moggle

• Hectare
  • My island home is waiting for me
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2004, 13:19:06 »
Thunder and Lightening and chucking it down in Oxford at the moment  :-\
Lottie-less until I can afford a house with it's own garden.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2004, 13:19:49 »
Had better get up the plot and get my seeds in! :o
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2004, 22:19:53 »
i think we can safely close this particular thread.

I now have rain. LOTS AND LOTS OF IT. wind too, (i dread to think what its doing to the garden, still the rain will do good).

True to form it now wont know when to stop!. I will then be asking (sotto voce)

er can I have the sun back please?   :o

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #52 on: June 23, 2004, 00:21:16 »
Yo Peeps

ive been doing the rain dance i has.... okay it was to Motorhead's the "Ace of Spades" but it still counts?...... but i iz not taking any chances oh no no no no no.... there be no risk taking from this jose cover every angle iz what i always sez........... and spesh those corners that hang out in circles.... cus they is dead crafty they is ..... in fact they is not unlike chamealeons in that respect,,,, cus they is to all degrees and thingymajigs  right angles....... but how they cleverly disguise themselves to look like arcs is very very incredible.... maybe Dave Attenborough could do a right angles survival special?????  be well educational :-*............ anyways  heres some of me special rainy dust stuff..... cus lets be fair.... the season is well odd this year or maybe i iz well odd this season... or maybe i iz in season and need to have sum puppies? or maybes i iz just mad as a hatter an needs a well good lie downs... or maybe i iz just babbling anywaze ears the dusty....

and just in case that dont work... heres a bit of me personal..... winkity wink wink wink... say no more... what the fish doesnt see cant gather any moss as the rolling stones cant be forced to drink the  water in a town called Alice...... is very old maxim/adage that  goes back a long long long long long long long long ways in me family istory.... its nice to know what your ancestors used to think...... :-*

.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*[/size]

Cheers

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*

Yo Peeps

is magic I swear

Ozzy

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #53 on: June 23, 2004, 18:30:49 »
ooooooooiiiiiiiiiiii OOOOOzZZZZ cut it out mahn we're flooding up 'er
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #54 on: June 23, 2004, 19:40:01 »
Gales, lashing rain, flood warnings!!  Flaming June is it? Yes it flaming well is!

Oz, STOP WITH THE RAIN DANCE >:( >:(
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #55 on: June 23, 2004, 20:32:42 »
Oz, do you have a sun dance that you can rather do, I'VE HAD ENOUGH RAIN!!!!!! Even had to bring my little seedlings into the conservatory to save them from lashing rain. SUN SUN SUN SUN PLEEEEEEZZZZZEEEEE!!!  
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
« Reply #56 on: June 23, 2004, 20:33:19 »
The weeds have had far too much rain. Wimbledon is already 45 matches behind. :o  I think the blame lies with Wimbledon. Three weeks and hardly any rain. The minute it starts it chucks it down like it's never going to end. >:( So if the sun could come in time for tomorrow so I can finally get down the allotment this week, I would be very greatful. Ta. :D

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #57 on: June 24, 2004, 09:34:30 »
OK. That's it. I've had enough of it now. Couldn't do anything in the garden yesterday and then nearly got blown off the horse.

Still at least it'll be a while before we need to water the garden again. And the pond has been topped up (by the looks of it we've had about 6inches of rain since sunday!) It's now almost overflowing!

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
« Reply #58 on: June 24, 2004, 10:33:46 »
Horse?

My, how the other half live! ;)

aquilegia

• Hectare
  • hello!
« Reply #59 on: June 24, 2004, 10:38:38 »
Sarah - nonono. Don't think of me as one of the other half. I'm just fortunate to have a good friend who lets me ride her horse every wednesday. I could not afford my own. I'm just thoroughly addicted to the creatures!

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal