Author Topic: Any chance of some rain please?  (Read 12437 times)

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
Re:Any chance of some rain please?
« Reply #20 on: June 18, 2004, 14:07:45 »
Too right Aqui. Love the sun as much as the next man (or woman  :)). But that said am bored with it now, and sooooo bored with watering.

But lets not have that in between 'will it wont it' kind of weather lets have some good old fashioned english summer rain!

Still they are about to do the famous rain dance in SW1 (Wimbledon) so at least London will be getting some rain next week.  ;D

Gardengirl

• Hectare
« Reply #21 on: June 18, 2004, 14:23:20 »
Like EJ we had a 2 minute shower earlier this morning, then the sun came out, the wind is blowing and drying everything out again :(  Never mind, at least the washing is drying :-\ :)
Happy gardening all...........Pat

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
« Reply #22 on: June 18, 2004, 17:49:09 »
Got to South Wigston on the train and it started to rain, by time we reached Leicester it was absolutely chucking it down.I couldn't walk in that, had to wait for the bus. It bitterly cold rain as well. :'( Very nice bus driver dropped me off at the end of my street. :D  This is great for the lottie.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 17:52:08 by sarahr »

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: June 18, 2004, 21:42:36 »
Think we in the North from Budgiebreeder up must have had it all - absolutely poured all last night and bucketing "showers" (5 mins in between each) up until teatime then sun came out.  Had to go to lottie to top up tomato troughs and outside crops were standing tall and lookign good - not battered at all.  thanks, thanks thanks but give us a wee break now - just gentle nighttime showers please.

Now 10 p.m. and it's chucking it again - maybe enough is enough for some  things but the tatties will love it
« Last Edit: June 18, 2004, 21:55:39 by Wicker »
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

Yellow Petals

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2004, 21:53:55 »
For those in the South-East (I'm in Essex) Your plants/gardens/lotties will be drinking well tomorrow - apparently we are forecast heavy rain showers!

Sammy

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #25 on: June 19, 2004, 00:17:04 »
Yippee for the south east  ::)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #26 on: June 19, 2004, 08:38:36 »
Well in West Sussex today, despite a forecast of lots of rain (a black cloud with 3 raindrops on the map), we have blue skies, sunshine and not a cloud in sight. Although I can't complain, we did have a whole day of rain last week Thursday. But it's much cooler, feels almost autumn like.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

budgiebreeder

• Hectare
  • West Yorkshire.
« Reply #27 on: June 19, 2004, 10:22:58 »
Yes Wicker !everything fine and dandy today.Just been round the estate .All the rain was worth it.Beans are beaning Courgettes are corgetting and i wont tell you what the peas were doing.
Earth fills her lap with treasures of her own.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2004, 15:04:30 »
Hehehe BB, still no rain here,(in the South East) had to go up the plot and water! :o maybe i should plan a barbeque for tomorrow! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Wicker

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2004, 17:43:26 »
Please Southeasterners(?) do a little rain dance, we have had our quota, all 4 grandchildren housebound today because of rain/wet grass/didn't bring jackets and me thinking of my strawberries maybe turning to mush.

To be honest, the ground did desparately need it especially the peas BB (whatever were you meaning? ::))  Dry but damp at the mo with dark clouds still
Equality isn't everyone being the same, equality is recognising that being different is normal.

sarahr

• Half Acre
  • Oooh Shiny!
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2004, 21:53:58 »
How far south did the rain go? I was coming out of the Royal Albert Hall at 5:30pm when i got caught in a downpour which caused all taxi's to be taken and us to miss our train. Tell me the rain extended far enough to make all this suffering worth it. ;)

Jesse

• Hectare
    • News2Share
« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2004, 21:58:52 »
Sarahr, we didn't get any rain in West Sussex today, sunny all morning, then very dark clouds in pm, thought it would rain but nothing. Perhaps the clouds were all rained out by the time they reached me.
Green fingers are the extension of a verdant heart - Russell Page

http://www.news2share.co.uk

busy_lizzie

• Hectare
  • Izzy wizzy lets get busy! Whitley Bay, Tyne & Wear
« Reply #32 on: June 19, 2004, 22:04:51 »
The weather has really changed here in Whitley Bay.  I think it has reverted back to April, as we have had quite heavy showers all day, and it is quite chilly.  We even had to put our gas fire on at home tonight.  

We did need rain, but I have had enought now, thank you. "Can I have the sunshine back now please"?  ;D busy_lizzie
live your days not count your years

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: June 19, 2004, 22:33:35 »
In East Sussex, we had 2 mins of rain mixed with hail, then sunshine AGAIN! but the clouds look promising ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2004, 14:06:39 »
Dorset has been cloudy and quite cold (for the time of year), though did have SOME sun yesterday. (Frustrating first cloud and cloudy next minute blazing sun - didnt know what to wear!).

No rain as yet (apart form a few small drops), though has threatened on numerous occasions.

We will be getting our comeuppance during the next wek though. Wind (gales?) and rain on tuesday and wednesday!  GREAT  ::)

Ozzy aka Pothead

« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2004, 16:40:53 »
Yo Peeps

ive been doing the rain dance i has.... okay it was to Motorhead's the "Ace of Spades" but it still counts?...... but i iz not taking any chances oh no no no no no.... there be no risk taking from this jose cover every angle iz what i always sez........... and spesh those corners that hang out in circles.... cus they is dead crafty they is ..... in fact they is not unlike chamealeons in that respect,,,, cus they is to all degrees and thingymajigs  right angles....... but how they cleverly disguise themselves to look like arcs is very very incredible.... maybe Dave Attenborough could do a right angles survival special?????  be well educational :-*............ anyways  heres some of me special rainy dust stuff..... cus lets be fair.... the season is well odd this year or maybe i iz well odd this season... or maybe i iz in season and need to have sum puppies? or maybes i iz just mad as a hatter an needs a well good lie downs... or maybe i iz just babbling anywaze ears the dusty....

and just in case that dont work... heres a bit of me personal..... winkity wink wink wink... say no more... what the fish doesnt see cant gather any moss as the rolling stones cant be forced to drink the  water in a town called Alice...... is very old maxim/adage that  goes back a long long long long long long long long ways in me family istory.... its nice to know what your ancestors used to think...... :-*

.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*.:.*[/size]

Cheers

Ozzy

:-* :-* :-*
« Last Edit: June 20, 2004, 16:55:48 by Ozzy aka Pothead »

Yellow Petals

« Reply #36 on: June 20, 2004, 17:23:52 »
For those in the South-East (I'm in Essex) Your plants/gardens/lotties will be drinking well tomorrow - apparently we are forecast heavy rain showers!

Sammy

Hmmm!  So much for that weather forecast, LOL.  We've had about a four minute downpour today (Sunday) and that's it!  ::)

Sammy

Garden Manager

• Hectare
  • Denman the Great
« Reply #37 on: June 20, 2004, 18:09:10 »
still nowt here. A few spots again mid afternoon then nothing!

Mimi

• Hectare
  • Pretty in Pink
« Reply #38 on: June 20, 2004, 18:23:38 »
Ha ha left the sprinkler on all yesterday and surprise surprise .. it rained all night.. Hey maybe thats the answer.  The rain needs water to attract it :D
Take time to stop and smell the flowers.

jethro

« Reply #39 on: June 20, 2004, 18:38:02 »
Rain? don't mention rain to me, i've just been down the allotment this morning (Sunday) and i had to do the backstroke to get the last of my leeks in and it's hard to do that with waders and a full wet suit on  ;D .

Peter

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal