Author Topic: Gardening courses recommendations  (Read 731 times)

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
Gardening courses recommendations
« on: July 30, 2007, 13:13:12 »
Hi All

I am thinking of doing another gardening course being as I have decided I want to find work in Horticulture. I have already done the RHS General certificate, and did an evening class in garden design last year.  So I'm looking into what to do next. I was thinking of doing another garden design course, but my gut feeling is that I need to improve my gardening knowledge first.

So, any recommendations?

I'm thinking about the RHS Advanced certificate, but I'd have to do it by distance learning, so I'd be interested to hear from anyone who has done the course, and especially if you've done it by distance learning, what is it like?

Many thanks

SP x

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
Re: Gardening courses recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2007, 16:51:41 »
One more question, has anyone done a course through HCC?

SP x

caroline7758

• Hectare
  • Berwick-upon-Tweed
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 18:17:39 »
I presumed you've checked what's available at Askham Bryan College? I did an Advanced National Certificate in Horticulture there a few years ago. I wouldn't recommend the course particularly, and I guess you probably want something part-time, but it was a lovely place to study!

sweet-pea

• Hectare
  • Wisley
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2007, 11:28:31 »
Yes, I did the RHS General Certificate there, but they don't do the Advanced Certificate. And Yes I need something that will fit in with work so unless it's an evening class, I think Distance learning is the only way to go although I am a little worried about keeping myself motivated!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal