Author Topic: Authentic Chinese Cooking!!  (Read 1211 times)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
Authentic Chinese Cooking!!
« on: July 27, 2007, 23:58:27 »
A good friend of ours who lives in Turkey came to visit with his Chinese girlfriend (very long distance relationship!!) anyway Li cooked us a few delicious meals with veg from the garden and stuff from the larder! WOW!! heres some recpies!

Aubergine Li style

2 large aubergines
A few chili's to taste
a slug of sweet wine (cooking sherry would work well)
a dash of vinegar
brown sugar

(sorry this is vague!)

fry up the above and serve with..................

Chinese potatoes

cut potatoes in  very thin strips fry with some chili!

Tomato Egg Thing!

fry chili and onions add and cook down some tomatoes, meanwhile soak some noodles and cook an omelet. Put the noodles in a deep dish add the torn up omelet into the tomato mix and pour over the noodles

All of the above sounds a little strange but I can assure you it's delicious, Li made loads and theres none left! zilch!!!!

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Re: Authentic Chinese Cooking!!
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2007, 11:44:29 »
Vague but exciting!

But I still say that, unless you want to wrap something in the Aub, the thin ones are better than the large ones?

Marymary

• Hectare
  • Norwich
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2007, 14:47:50 »
Our eldest's partner is Chinese & she makes the most wonderful food ever, to watch her chopping is entertainment in itself.  She always says that she isn't a good cook & that the rest of the family are much better than her.

She is always fascinated by the oven as they are unknown [apparently] in her part of China & I have taught her how to make cakes in return for her lessons in Chinese cooking. Egg fried rice being my speciality!  :)

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2007, 16:33:06 »
Fantastic!! Li was an inspiration! she cut up one of my butternut squash into perfect match sticks!!!!

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal