Author Topic: 5 Years a Member on A4A  (Read 2503 times)

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
5 Years a Member on A4A
« on: November 27, 2008, 20:59:18 »
 ;D ;D

Just noticed I joined this site on 27th November 2003.  Quite a bit of water has gone under the bridge since then and I still log on nightly if I am at home.  I haven't made as many postings as a lot of you but have sure read a lot of them.  My Gardening knowledge is still a bit limited to shrubs and flowers.  Don't know a lot about Veg.  cos I don't have a lottie.  Why did I join here?   Well it was Margaret and Eileen (another couple of members who have left)  who sent me over from the BBC Bird Forum.  I have always been a keen bird watcher so thats why I am here.  Since then though I have taken thousands of photographs so thats different to 2003.  It has been a pleasure meeting some of you members on here albeit on a forum.  Here's to the next 5 years.  Palustrus, Emma Jane, Hycanth, Tim, Budgiebreeder, Wicker are also 'older' members, Cheers to you. 

Carol  ;)

valmarg

• Hectare
Re: 5 Years a Member on A4A
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2008, 21:09:39 »
Wow Carol, I've only been on here for a couple of years, but I do find it a lovely, friendly, helpful site.

valmarg

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #2 on: November 27, 2008, 21:13:07 »
Happy A4Anniversary Carol!

You & I joined within a month of each other, val... although I was shy about joining & lurked for a while first!

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #3 on: November 27, 2008, 21:25:17 »
You, shy, Ollie, never let it be said. ;D

You really can get into trouble 'lurking'

valmarg

kt.

• Hectare
  • Teesside
« Reply #4 on: November 27, 2008, 21:31:45 »
You are showing your age now - 5yrs.  Does that make me a spring chick -I am 2yrs   ;D ;D
All you do and all you see is all your life will ever be

valmarg

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: November 27, 2008, 21:35:51 »
Sorry to go off at a bit of a tangent Carol, but Ollie does bring out the worst in me.  ;D;D

valmarg

rosebud

• Hectare
    • allotments4all
« Reply #6 on: November 27, 2008, 23:45:21 »
Carol, i joined Aug 23rd 2003, so we were here early , i still keep in touch with dear Eileen, i shall remember you to her tomorrow.
Yes i was also on the beeb, with Lish, Eileen Tim,& so many others that was over the garden fence remember?, untill they took the fence away ::).

Heldi

• Hectare
  • Run away! Run away !
« Reply #7 on: November 28, 2008, 00:58:28 »
Yay Happy Fifth Birthday Postings Carol!  ;D

Tulipa

• Hectare
« Reply #8 on: November 28, 2008, 07:52:49 »
Carol and Rosebud, congratulations on your 5 years.  I remember you on the Beeb too, what a campaign we had to keep 'Over The Garden Fence ' going, but we are much better off over here, we couldn't even post links on there.  It was so hard to find out where you were all going, had to be in code. 

Please say hello to Eileen for me, we often used to post with each other on similar topics.  I came over here at the same time as Roy Bham so was sorry to hear about his wife.  It would be nice if he could come back one day and show us how his garden looks now.  I moved over with Plockett too and Heldi and Obbelix were on the Beeb as well I remember, Cotswold Lass too I think.  Eric recommended a honeysuckle for me and I often think of him when I look at it.

Happy days, but these are happier, so much less restricted. :)

Take care
T.
« Last Edit: November 28, 2008, 08:04:09 by Tulipa »

Palustris

• Hectare
« Reply #9 on: November 28, 2008, 08:45:34 »
I joined on September 6th 2003. There were about a 100 members then. I wonder how many still post. I must admit that I do not post that often these days, but still look in every day and Chat ost days.
A lot of things have changed since then!
Gardening is the great leveller.

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #10 on: November 28, 2008, 09:01:53 »
I knew you were old, Eric, but I beat you to it by one day!!

So glad that some folk stick with it.

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #11 on: November 28, 2008, 09:21:24 »
Carol,

15th September 2003 for me.(I dread to think how many days my time on here equates to!) I never go on the beeb these days, far nicer here. :D

I suppose Dan is the oldest member ;D Wonder what date he started A4All? Must be doing summit right if we are still hanging around!

Nice to see some of the originals, do miss some of our more interesting posts and chats, frozen chips for example! ;)  Still a great site, and I wonder if we will all be on in another 5 years......I expect so!

DP
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

Biscombe

• Hectare
  • Spanish Gardening In Orgiva
« Reply #12 on: November 28, 2008, 10:03:19 »
Happy A4A anniversary Carol  :D

Paulines7

• Hectare
« Reply #13 on: November 28, 2008, 10:50:43 »
Congratulations Carol on your 5th Anniversary of A4A.   :-*

cornykev

• Hectare
  • Sunny Cheshunt just outside North London
« Reply #14 on: November 28, 2008, 11:52:43 »
Happy anniversary Carol, two years already for me,  :o don't time fly.  ;D ;D ;D
MAY THE CORN BE WITH YOU.

Froglegs

• Hectare
  • Nottinghamshire.
« Reply #15 on: November 28, 2008, 13:23:50 »
Coming up to the two year mark for me,and still and still can only type with one finger. :-[

Carol

• Hectare
  • Scottish Borders, Berwickshire
« Reply #16 on: November 28, 2008, 19:57:53 »
Doris, me love, how could I forget you in the list of 'oldies' ;)   we had some hilarious nights in the Chat Room didn't we with Budgiebreeder, Eric, Mimi, Derek the Fox, Ragged Robin and Flower, Dandylion.  We spent hours in there and had parties as well.  Someone remembered the quiz Ina made up one year and I think there was about 18 members in the Chat Room.  The previous party had also been a hoot.  Here's to the next 5 years,  Cheers  and thanks for all your good wishes.

:D :D :D

Mrs Ava

• Hectare
« Reply #17 on: November 28, 2008, 21:56:00 »
I was just after you Tim and Eric, 10th September 2003...my how time flies.  I am still in touch with Eileen through another forum, and yes, I miss a lot of the old members....I still have a little cactus that Budgie Breeder sent me, and what about.

I missed Roy Bham - wasn't aware of his news, but then due to events over here I did wander off for a while.  I guess I am now a distant member but have made some great mates.

Doris, have you sorted it with Mr Doris about a get together?  And the 21st might be a goer!!

Shirley

• Half Acre
« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 13:45:18 »
I tagged along too from the Beeb 5 years ago.  Look in most days and am always grateful for the advice and wisdom  ???

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal