Author Topic: SOAP ANYONE?  (Read 9914 times)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
Re: SOAP ANYONE?
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2007, 18:42:05 »
I'm definitely going to order a couple - they sound cool. Do you make them they way  they do in Fight Club?

Now, little Annabelle who is 2 has Eczema but loves playing with soap. We have a Burt's Bees solid shampoo that seems pretty gentle but can't find a soap that's gentle enough for her. Is there any kind of ultra ultra ultra ultra ultra gentle soap?

The Nit nurse is a good idea - I've got rid of 2 infestations on me using Tee Tree and a comb without a single bit of Sheep Dip poison.

Ta

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
  • You looking at me? Huh?
« Reply #21 on: July 27, 2007, 18:55:55 »
OllieC! Never seen Fight Club ... is it a DREADFUL way of making soap??!

Little Annabelle: The best thing for eczema is definitely oatmeal and the goat's milk base is really gentle on the skin.

I could make her some soaps using the 'animal' moulds I have here - mentioned before: Cat, Monkey, Mouse & Pig. Just let me know what you want.

I've also got a mould for little teddy-bear shaped soaps - about 30g

The Nit Nurse shampoo is designed to be preventative but it would do no harm using it during an 'infestation'! I HATE the damned things!

When my daughter was at school and the 'nit-nurse' was abolished in schools, I attached 5 dead lice to one of my business cards and sent it to the local Council office in protest. Needless to say I never heard back.
The Devil Invented Dandelions!

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #22 on: July 27, 2007, 18:56:38 »
great stuff, i have just ordered some of your nit soap. my two have been clear for quite a while now but i predict a new onslaught when they go back to school.  those nits aint going to want to land on my lovely tea tree boys 8). o and some of your lovely gardeners delight. cant wait to see your stuff. good luck with it all. ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #23 on: July 27, 2007, 18:59:21 »
Thanks Sarah  :)

I reckon the Nit Nurse shampoo will do well!

Even if the tea-tree oil doesn't get rid of the critters the peppermint will ensure they have fresh breath!  ;)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #24 on: July 27, 2007, 19:14:33 »
They get the fat from the bins at the back of liposuction clinics and make very expensive soap which they then sell back to the rich people who got liposuction in the first place. Fairly grim but ecologically sound I spose. Rustling up an order next...

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
« Reply #25 on: July 27, 2007, 19:19:24 »
think
Thanks for the orders so far  :) All soaps have been freshly made today and will be in the post tomorrow!

I've also come with a couple of recipes today:

Fragrance Free
Fresh Calendula Flowers and Poppy Seed 110g: £1.80

Nit Nurse
Solid Shampoo for kids 110g £1.80
Tea Tree Essential Oil and Dried Peppermint
Keeps the dicks at bay :D
Monkey, Mouse, Cat & Pig design

Thanks again!

Love Trixie XXX

keeps the what at bay ?  ;D ;D ;D
hope you sell loads, trixie, ou've got lots of goodies there  :)

OllieC

• Global Moderator
  • Hectare
  • Nairn
« Reply #26 on: July 27, 2007, 19:48:25 »
Perhaps it works as an anti er inflammatory?!?!

That's my order in - looking forward to it!

Thanks

O

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #27 on: July 27, 2007, 20:03:14 »
They get the fat from the bins at the back of liposuction clinics and make very expensive soap which they then sell back to the rich people who got liposuction in the first place.

Well that could be called the 'Circle of Life' OR 'Rich Fat Lather Bars'. Pretty disgusting but no less than soap made out of whale fat (same thing really!)

Cheers Ollie  :)

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #28 on: July 28, 2007, 16:43:38 »
Hey, Trixie, do you want me to test Nit Nurse for you, it would get a real good test at our school, at the risk of sounding indelicate I sometime wonder if the little varmits are are practising for the Dick Olympics, and they look like they are all on steroids too. !!

Do you reckon it works, I think the Hull ones are immune to most things now.

LOL  Jeannine XX
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #29 on: July 29, 2007, 15:23:14 »
Jeannine!

I think it's probably a tall claim that the shampoo will kill 'em really. But tea-tree oil is good for detering them and killing them in neat form.

I don't think it's really fair to ask anyone to test it though! Can't really say 'here, have this bar of soap, don't treat your child with anything else and tell me if works!'

I could wait 'til Alfie gets them I suppose but they don't seem to land on his bonce  ::) Think he moves too fast!

Everyone orders were send 2nd class on Sat. morning. Cambourne, I'll post yours first thing tomorrow  :)

Trix XXX

Jeannine

• Hectare
  • Mapleridge BC Canada
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2007, 15:42:39 »
I was teasing!!
When God blesses you with a multitude of seeds double  the blessing by sharing your  seeds with other folks.

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2007, 15:48:04 »
Oooooh ya little tinker  ;D

emmy1978

• Hectare
  • It's good to be in my gardening shoes again!
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2007, 16:54:39 »
Aha! here you are. Right. My report on the Chamomile shampoo solid block for blondies is this: Gorgeous, smells divine, lathers up brilliantly, squeaky clean hair - no residue. Lovely.
The gardeners soap is just amazing - no need to nail brush your hands, nice light exfoliating action so no red raw hands - my girls love it and OH is amazed it takes plumber's muck off too.  :)
The goats milk and oatmeal (sensitive) i have just fallen in love with and will be ordering the lavender. Also this bar is soooo pretty. It looks a bit like a malted milk biscuit only with goats on instead of cows. (and is much bigger!) Too nice to use really.  ;D
They all lather up so beautifully - I love Lush stuff and this is just as good, if not in some respects rather better. Such as the fact that they don't go a bit slimy and soft like some hand made soap - these have all dried out beautifully and kept their shape and the moulded picture on the top.
I haven't tried the ginger and nutmeg massage bar yet but it smells toooooo good and is a work of art with cool knobbly bits on the top like one of those cellulite massage thingummies. What else? Oh, I think that's it. If you are a fan of Lush you may find they have to work hard to win you back.  :o :o :o
Thanks Trix, the girls and I are loving them.  :-* :-* :-* :-*
Orders coming your way.

Sarah - you will have to come round and trial them all out!!  ;D
Don't throw paper away. There is no away.

sarah

• Hectare
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2007, 17:01:06 »
youre really selling it to me i must say! cant wait to get my hands on it. i am a soap horder, i love it. i will have to try them all.  ;D

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #34 on: July 29, 2007, 17:17:59 »
Your order is on it's way Sarah! And thanks for the feedback Emmy!

The goat's milk & oatmeal is really good for excema (or however you spell it!)

Just let me know how you get on with the soaps. I need the info to make them even better!

Trix XXXX

OliveOil

• Hectare
  • Lincs
    • Phoenix Traders Forum
« Reply #35 on: July 29, 2007, 22:46:48 »
I will def order some for xmas!  I'm in the middle of candle making at the moment - just as much fun though I always fancied soap but it sounded too complex.

Well done - love cottage industry!

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #36 on: August 01, 2007, 14:33:45 »
Hope everyone's parcels arrive safely - I sent the majority on Saturday but there's been a postal strike  ::) Typical  ::)

And YAY  ;D Finally got my site up and running!

http://www.stoneconsortium.net/index.htm

Feedback on how it looks/works would also be appreciated! Never had one before!

Trix X

froglets

• Hectare
  • "Chust sublime"
« Reply #37 on: August 01, 2007, 14:48:19 »
Nice one Trix - the meet the people page has just had me snort out loud in the office - I wanna meet your tech guy!
is it in the sale?
(South Cheshire)

Trixiebelle

• Hectare
« Reply #38 on: August 01, 2007, 14:54:22 »
Believe me Froglets, you do NOT want to meet my tech guy  ;D

Doris_Pinks

• Hectare
« Reply #39 on: August 01, 2007, 15:44:04 »
GREAT looking site Trixie, and easy to navigate,and amusing too! ;D
We don't inherit the earth, we only borrow it from our children.
Blog: http://www.nonsuchgardening.blogspot.com/

anything
SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal