Author Topic: Dont know how the weather is where you live now  (Read 3446 times)

manicscousers

• Hectare
  • www.golborne-allotments.co.uk
Re: Dont know how the weather is where you live now
« Reply #20 on: July 29, 2007, 20:15:43 »
it's been a beautiful, sunny day here, bit of a chilly wind but, we needed it while working, I've just seen the forecast for tonight, 7 degrees, now, that's a bit cold for this time of year  :o :o

SnooziSuzi

• Acre
  • ~ Su in Durham~
« Reply #21 on: July 29, 2007, 23:02:54 »
It's nice on and off here in Durham.  We didn't suffer with flooding like most of the rest of the country (thankfully) but it has rained almost every day to some degree since the rains began. 

It really is nice to get into the shed tho' isn't it when it rains!  I don't have any tea making facilities on mine (no community kitchen either) but I do have a bucket in the small shed to pee in when nature calls! 
SnooziSuzi
Acting my shoe size, not my age!

cazy

• Acre
« Reply #22 on: July 30, 2007, 01:02:25 »
You can get a little gas thingy from camping shops, mine was less than £10, I just take some fresh milk and water and leave the tea bags there, wouldn't be without it.
got a lottie got a life

cambourne7

• Hectare
  • Growing in the back garden having lost lotty
« Reply #23 on: July 30, 2007, 04:02:14 »
manicscousers we hit 8 degrees here tonight frosts going to be next problem !

Trees have started shedding leaves or there going yellow, very odd.

It really is nice to get into the shed tho' isn't it when it rains!  I don't have any tea making facilities on mine (no community kitchen either) but I do have a bucket in the small shed to pee in when nature calls! 

I take a flask of hot water with me a mug and tea bags. If i dont make a cuppa i use the water in a hot water bottle when i get back so no waste. RE bucket idea keep pack of baby wipes handy to wash hands.

Deb P

• Hectare
  • Still digging it....
« Reply #24 on: July 30, 2007, 10:31:20 »
I was introduced to the joys of little stoves by one of the regular gents down the plot.....he is down every day early, cooks himself a full english breakfast on his little portable stove. He asked if I had got one yet, could he inspect it.......looks exactly the same as his, but he noticed mine lit by itself when you put the gas full on.

'Doesn't yours do that then?', I asked?....'Oh no, I have to use matches to light mine........right pain it is, I'm always burning my fingers'

He came back after 5 minutes.......'Deb, I've just discovered mine does light like yours after all!'........he had of course, never bothered reading the instructions....... :-X ;D ;D

Oh, and the weather today is looking nice again, so I'm off soon to plant some more brassicas...... 8)
If it's not pouring with rain, I'm either in the garden or at the lottie! Probably still there in the rain as well TBH....🥴

http://www.littleoverlaneallotments.org.uk

Fork

• Hectare
  • Amber valley,Derbyshire
« Reply #25 on: July 30, 2007, 10:57:41 »
Spent nearly all day on my plot yesterday taking advantage of the sunshine to start clearing up in earnest after all the foul weather.

Nice to have a stove of sorts in your shed(if you are allowed).Picked mine up on Freecycle.Only had tea so far but the thought of cooking a breakfast up there is more appealing now the weather is imroving.

Cant wait for the Derby open day now......I will be able to let you know what Debs tea tastes like  ;) ;D ;D
You can pick your friends, and you can pick your nose, but you can't pick your friends nose

theothermarg

• Hectare
  • Yate near Bristol UK
« Reply #26 on: July 30, 2007, 15:20:31 »
dry and sunny here brissle way had last week off now i am back at work also had to do housework :'( well the cat started scratching and then shared its lodger with me so spray and vac were required :-[ i am so jealous of those of you with sheds :P we are not allowed them so if i take a flask i can have a drink
but then a bit later mmmm you guess time to come home as we havn,t got toilets on site only the strong bladdered can spend all day there
marg
Tell me and I,ll forget
Show me and I might remember
Involve me and I,ll understand

helenruss

• Not So New ...
  • 2nd love photography!
« Reply #27 on: July 31, 2007, 09:18:40 »
Well 4 the 1st time in ages it was a beautiful day and i was off!!!!  The plot is looking good( now ive spent 4 hours weeding it!). Gonna try and knock a chicken coop together today.. Any advice lol

Helen

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal