Author Topic: Voice in the Wilderness  (Read 1125 times)

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
Voice in the Wilderness
« on: July 23, 2007, 05:56:14 »
Once again................

........... there have been 8 separate threads on PESTS or DiISORDERS posted here in as many days.

If subject headings are to have any value,  might we try to use Dan's carefully appointed slots

Robert_Brenchley

• Hectare
    • My blog
Re: Voice in the Wilderness
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2007, 10:22:22 »
The best way is often to move posts to the appropriate boards, but as far as I know Dan's the only one who can do this, and he's probably doing all he can already.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2007, 20:53:56 »
I have to say Tim that it doesn't both me too much providing the post is in the right sort of category.  So I have no problem with a post in edibles entitled 'Potatoes - blight?' for instance. 

But whilst we are having a moan I've noticed an increasing amount of thread 'hi-jacking' which I find really annoying.   >:(  But perhaps I'll expand on this in the shed.   ;)

G x
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 20:58:51 by Georgie »
'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

tim

• Hectare
  • Just like the old days!
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 20:08:56 »
No, Georgie - me neither - except that, if a pattern is carefully laid down, it becomes pointless if not used for the intended purpose.

Mostly, things have run smoothly - it's only in the last few weeks that they have gone off the rails.

It doesn't matter a d**n to me - I'm just trying to keep it as designed for logical reference.

Georgie

• Hectare
  • Enfield, North London
« Reply #4 on: July 25, 2007, 20:25:41 »
I agree the reference point is important but posters will be posters I guess.

G x

'The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so certain of themselves, and wiser people so full of doubts.'

raisedbedted

• Hectare
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2007, 22:10:51 »
Given that this is a forum, the idea behind which is to share knowledge and answer questions you may think that most questions would be 'Pests, Diseases and Disorders'.  The only exception may be 'how to' type questions that most of us would read in a book and 'Posts of Self Congratulatory Displays'.

As 'Edibles' is more honed than 'Pests, Diseases etc' I can see why people may do it and as I tend to scan at least those 2 forums I see no problem.

My biggest annoyance is people who do not discuss they merely point the question to a page on their website in a presciptive manner.
Best laid plans and all that

SimplePortal 2.3.5 © 2008-2012, SimplePortal